Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanner Scheppers

Tanner Scheppers

Tanner Scheppers, the 44th overall pick in this year's draft, reportedly has a 50 percent tear in his labrum and will require shoulder surgery.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=MLB&id=5496

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tanner Scheppers

Tanner Scheppers, the 44th overall pick in this year's draft, reportedly has a 50 percent tear in his labrum and will require shoulder surgery.
    Not really a surprise. Likely a wasted pick for the Rangers.

Maybe this will quite those who were clamoring for him.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I've had about five teammates have a labrum surgery done in the past two years....only one of them has seen a good enough recovery to play in the field yet, let alone pitch.

Now we know why the Reds did not grab Scheppers instead of Boxburger.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Eek. Okay...I was wrong. I'm glad the Reds didn't draft him now. That injury sounds bad.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Wow, I wonder if some posters here are ready to eat some crow. For all of the bashing some posters did of how frugal and cheap the Reds were with this draft, I hope they can stand up and admit when they were wrong.

Labrum surgery. Ouch. I hope he bounces back but the odds are against it. Good thing the Reds passed on him.

It's only a matter of time before Crow needs surgery, too. In a couple years, I think we're going to be really happy the Reds didn't draft those guys.

Well, Schepper's injury will not determine whether Boxberger was the right pick or not; Boxberger's performance or lack thereof will determine that. There were other players besides Schepper's that had more perceived upside than Boxberger. We will see; what else can we do really?

Bum

I will eat crow for accusing the Reds of cheaping out on Scheppers, but like Bum said, the results of the draft will obviously remain to be seen...
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-18-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

ok ok i wanted scheppers, but wasn't he supposed to be throwing high 90's in his last start? Can you do that with a 50% tear in your rotator?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    ok ok i wanted scheppers, but wasn't he supposed to be throwing high 90's in his last start? Can you do that with a 50% tear in your rotator?
    Apparently you can. The Rangers knew of the injury when they drafted him, and they still felt it was worth the risk.

Not really news other than it being in a news story.

I had an 85% tear, and ten years later, I have about 90% of my range of motion.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Apparently you can. The Rangers knew of the injury when they drafted him, and they still felt it was worth the risk.
    Feel terrible for the kid. Most of us never get handed a winning lottery ticket in life. To be handed one . . . and then to see it taken away . . . that's tough.

For the Rangers, could be a nice value play - a small bonus plus rehab costs for a potential TOR arm.

Still, who'd have thought that the "cheap" move was taking Scheppers, not skipping him?

Turn Off Ads?