Thread: 6/18/9 vs Braves

Re: 6/18/9 vs Braves

Prado Ks
    IBB to Francoeur
    Runners at 1B and 2B with 1 out

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Last year, people said Corey Patterson was hitting even worse than he has over the course of his career.
    This year, people are saying the same about Willy.

Let me say this, our ban box of a park aren't helpful to slap hitters.
    Could be. Patterson was very different. He wasn't really a slap hitter, he had good power and used it as much as possible. He just didn't hit well generally and also didn't walk.

Taveras is a slap hitter. But he isn't getting infield hits, isn't bunting well, is striking out and popping up time after time.

Again, while I know RedsZoners generally hate Taveras, when playing at his best I think he can be effective. I've seen it in his stints with other teams. But what's happening now is ridiculous and must stop. Hitting Taveras and Gonzalez one and two in this lineup is not defensible.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-18-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Kotchman pops out. Two down.

Carlos Fisher coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Taveras is a slap hitter. But he isn't getting infield hits, isn't bunting well, is striking out and popping up time after time.

Again, while I know RedsZone hates Taveras, when playing at his best I think he can be effective. I've seen it in his stints with other teams. But what's happening now is ridiculous and must stop. Hitting Taveras and Gonzalez one and two in this lineup is not defensible.
    This stretch is just kharma collecting the bill for his .371/.417/.461 (OPS= .877) against lefties in 2007....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Maaaatt Maaaaloney buys himself another start. Let's hope it isn't against an AL opponent.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Could be. Patterson was very different. He wasn't really a slap hitter, he had good power and used it as much as possible. He just didn't hit well generally and also didn't walk.

Again, while I know RedsZoners generally hate Taveras, when playing at his best I think he can be effective. I've seen it in his stints with other teams. But what's happening now is ridiculous and must stop. Hitting Taveras and Gonzalez one and two in this lineup is not defensible.
    Just about any major league player can be effective when play at their best. There is a reason why they are in the majors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Maaaatt Maaaaloney buys himself another start. Let's hope it isn't against an AL opponent.
    It will be unless he gets demoted.

What Baker doesn't seem to realize is that he only ratchets up the pressure on Taveras by batting him leadoff every game in the midst of a titanic, boobird-festering slump.

And he better be careful not to diss the fans for being unhappy, or they'll start to turn on him.

I understand the desire to support and show confidence in the player, but there comes a time of diminishing returns.

You don't earn starts on this team. You just have to be liked by the manager (See Taveras, Willy).

Fisher quickly falls behind 3-0 to Ross.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Maloney is the lefthanded Roger Salkeld.
    I think the point and your opinion of skill level has been made abundently clear with your previous posts on the matter.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Fisher walks him and they're loaded.

Fisher feared the Ross.

2-0 to the pitcher now.

Common Fisher, let's see some STRIKES!

Turn Off Ads?