Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 6/18/9 vs Braves

Re: 6/18/9 vs Braves

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The Reds still win the series right?
    Indeed.....let's hope Dusty doesn't use that logic for the next series, seeing how it worked so well.

Like I've said, good pitching is a very cool thing.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It'll be fun when that worm turns. It always does.
    When the worm turns with Bruce, the sea is going to draw away from the beach....i'd recommend just moving to the mountains because the incoming wave is gonna destroy stuff.

BTW, Dusty is doiing exactly what he should with Bruce. Pencil him in and let him play regardless of the boxscore.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I would like Dusty to make those few moves he can make, but, still, this is ultimately on Walt and ownership
    I know what you're saying, but there appears to be at least one painfully obvious upgrade within Baker's grasp, sitting there on his 25-man roster.

Once Dickerson showed he could defend well in CF, there was no reasonable excuse to keep him out of the lineup -- in spot starts at the very least. Yet he is getting zero starts while Taveras careens through bad AB after bad after AB in what must be a slump of historic proportions. In my opinion, that's on Baker.

Don't get me wrong, that move should be made (I think my views on that have been made clear elsewhere), it's just...once it's made, then what?

This team's options are limited. They are above .500, I have to give Dusty some credit for that. I wish he had been provided a quiver with better arrows in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Rosales, Janish, Taveras due up for the Reds in the 9th.
    Woot woot. Let's party like it's 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    When Maloney came several posters said he'd have his rough nights. He's a rookie, an extreme flyball guy and he's pitching in a bandbox park. I still like what I see in the guy - and I'd be polishing that apple for Washington, Seattle or San Diego like crazy.

Then again, I long ago realized GTs are the very worst place to gather critiques.

Giving a LOT of leeway on the Taveras comments, too, but bad games like this one bring out a bad vibe. So, at this point lets just let this thread die its painful death and move on.
    I am one of those posters who thought Maloney would have a hard time initially. Still, his performance to date has been short of what I expected. He is averaging one HR every 12.5 batters. Batters are sitting on the waist high fastball in the high 80's. If he is going to be successful, he either needs to work a foot lower or dial it up 5 MPH higher. I'm assuming the former is the only real alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not sure why folks would be surprised at the outcome of this game: Hanson has MLB arm written all over him; Maloney has tax-preparer all over him.
    Yeah, he might be a little better than Bobby Livingston, but not much. Bobby didn't give up quite as many homers, Matt stikes out a few more hitters.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    1-2-3 inning for Burton.

Nice silver lining for this game, hopefully Burton continues to improve.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?