Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Chris Dickerson still on this team?

Reds1990

Is Chris Dickerson still on this team?

I've seen enough of Willy! Can you say Corey Patterson all over again. Lineup I'd like to see after a couple roster moves.

CF Stubbs
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    3B Encarnacion
    RF Bruce
    LF Frazier
    C Hanigan
    SS Janish

Maybe platoon Nix and Frazier in LF depending on right hander or lefty on the mound. Same with Stubbs and Dickerson in CF.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Chris Dickerson still on this team?

i want to see stubbs, and move Chris Hensey to AAA

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks106 View Post
    I've seen enough of Willy! Can you say Corey Patterson all over again. Lineup I'd like to see after a couple roster moves.

CF Stubbs
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    3B Encarnacion
    RF Bruce
    LF Frazier
    C Hanigan
    SS Janish

Maybe platoon Nix and Frazier in LF depending on right hander or lefty on the mound. Same with Stubbs and Dickerson in CF.
    How about Frazier at short with Nix in left? Now that's a nice lineup.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The real question is whether or not Janish is still on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Dickerson should be playing over Taveras. This is where ego gets in the way. I'll admit that I was one of the few that defended taveras when he was signed. But I'll also admit that he blows and should not be playing.
    I think Taveras has been injured for a while now and is not full speed. That is why he is not getting hits. His offense works on beating out infield singles, bunts etc. Without 100% of his speed he is just worthless.

Taveras is actually 1 for 42 in June! In case you're calculating that's a .023 BA. Worse yet, he's 8 for his last 94 (time frame was when his hitting streak ended in May). That's .085 BA. How can we expect to score runs with that leading off?

Meanwhile Dickerson is hitting .265 in June (and 22 for his last 82 ab's - .268) and he's relegated to pinch hitting. Taveras should only see the starting lineup against tough lefties.

AGON is hitting .193 for June. Hairston is .170. Give Janish some playing time at ss and 3b. Improve the defense and stay even at worst on offense. When Votto gets back, let's move Hernandez to 3b and keep Hannigan in there until EE is ready.

I believe Bud Selig has instituted a rule that Chris Dickerson is not allowed to start against right handed pitchers

And Dusty Baker is not allowed to have more than 3 guys batting over .250 in the lineup at the same time

I'm pretty sure there's a Johnny Gomes rule too, just haven't found it yet...buried in paragraph 3, subsection a, clause 27 perhaps?

These rules really make you think he's got it out for us, doesn't it?

Its as plain as the nose your faces guys. Theres just one excuse for all this non-sense happening with the Reds. That is the one and only.....Dusty Baker. He is the worst manager in baseball by far.

Come on now, that can't be true...it can't possibly be that simple, I say conspiracy!!!

This has to be put on Dusty - its ridiculous for Taveras to go through a stretch like this and not get pulled from the lineup, let alone the leadoff spot, for anyone else. I dont think there's anyone on the bench that could do a much worse job. Again, its a decision made b/c of paycheck and not production....sucks.

All Dickerson has done is OBP .417 in May and .359 in June so far. It's time to give him the job full-time.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-20-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    All Dickerson has done is OBP .417 in May and .359 in June so far. It's time to give him the job full-time.
    Or at least play the hot hand... I'm baffled along with everyone else.

Willy T starting the next 2 days, per Dusty.

OK now, keep this quiet but I heard that after having his daughter date the starting centerfielder last year, it's Dusty himself that's having an affair with this year's centerfielder.

Nah, nobody will believe that. How about this one: it turns out that Dusty and Willy's dads played high school baseball together and were in each other's weddings.

Help me here, people. We need a new rumor, like the Patterson-Dusty's daughter rumor last year, that spreads far enough that Dusty has to address it at some point. That just might push him into doing the right thing and starting Chris Dickerson in centerfield.

Turn Off Ads?