Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty/Walt - what are you waiting for?

Dusty/Walt - what are you waiting for?

Looking at June it's obvious the lineup needs to change.

Taveras is actually 1 for 42 in June! In case you're calculating that's a .023 BA. Worse yet, he's 8 for his last 94 (time frame was when his hitting streak ended in May). That's .085 BA. How can we expect to score runs with that leading off?

Meanwhile Dickerson is hitting .265 in June (and 22 for his last 82 ab's - .268) and he's relegated to pinch hitting. Taveras should only see the starting lineup against tough lefties.

AGON is hitting .193 for June. Hairston is .170. Give Janish some playing time at ss and 3b. Improve the defense and stay even at worst on offense. When Votto gets back, let's move Hernandez to 3b and keep Hannigan in there until EE is ready.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty/Walt - what are you waiting for?

honestly, I have to agree...at what point is Dusty trying to be loyal and give WillyT is chance to get out of slump compared to jsut plain bad coaching? Even the worst managers would have to start looking at other options for a few spots on this team.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

It's amazing that a major league franchise would stick with a non-star that long. I've been a Reds fan for ~35 years now, and I've never seen one of our guys go through such an inept stretch.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Stunts like this make me pay more attention to the minors and hope for a better tomorrow.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

And some people here laughed when I said Wily T would hamstring our offense.

History is on my side, he sucks royal.

He had one "hot streak" which made a mirage for everyone to cling to, but that was bound to end as he regresses to his mean.

He's a horrible player, let alone leadoff candidate.

Our offense was disastrous before we acquired Wily T, now it's just pathetic.

Why Drew Stubbs can't be called up to replace this garbage is beyond me. Even at his worst, he's better than Wily T.

When a guy can't SLG higher than his OBP, which is barely above his BA, IN COORS FIELD, that should be the last straw. But no, we sign the guy to a SEVERELY unnecessary TWO year deal.

Great Move.

Even better Coaching to keep this guy in the lead off spot in your lineup.

Moronic.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

walt is waiting for this team to fall out of contention so he can deal the veterans on this ballclub and get prospects in return

Walt knows what he is doing..i trust him
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

It is getting ridiculous with Taveras. they should put him on the DL and let him fully heal from whatever is slowing him. Hopefully during that time DIckerson plays well enought to keep the job or at least platoon.

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    walt is waiting for this team to fall out of contention so he can deal the veterans on this ballclub and get prospects in return
    What veterans

Taveras is signed through 2010
    Arroyo is signed through 2010
    Phillips through 2012 with an contact so back-loaded it looks like a squating elephant
    EE 2010
    Harang 2010
    Lincoln 2010

Everyone talks about how great Jockerty is. He signed Taveras to that ridiculous contract when he already had Dickerson and Hopper.

He signed Lincoln to his ridiculous contract

I have to shake my head thinking about Phillips. Yeah, he hustles.

Harang and Arroyo are all right, but the truth is no one is going to give the Reds anything for the Reds' veterans given the state of the economy and the miserable performances most have put up this year. RIght now you couldn't get a pair of dirty socks for Taveras or EE.

I am sure Baker had a hand in the Taveras deal just like he did the Patterson deal. Baker has this thing for veterans that is just unbelievable. Hanigan would not be getting any kind of serious playing time if Votto wasn't injured. Ditto, Herrera for Bray. Yet now both are putting up some serious numbers for the ROY award. If I was Charlie manual I'd name Hanigan to the All-Star team. He has the numbers. (What would Baker do then?)

my dad thinks WaltJ is a genius....I argue all the time...I think he has helped this team out alot and i think he will make us better in the future...I still have my doubts about this organization at the top...but then again, what franchise donet have issues at the top. its easy to hammer him on his bad moves, less we forget the good moves????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    Walt knows what he is doing..i trust him
    Hard to say right now. If he knew what he was doing then he would tell Dusty that Willy needs to be benched and Chris into the lineup.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    my dad thinks WaltJ is a genius....I argue all the time...I think he has helped this team out alot and i think he will make us better in the future...I still have my doubts about this organization at the top...but then again, what franchise donet have issues at the top. its easy to hammer him on his bad moves, less we forget the good moves????????????
    I am trying to think of a player he has acquired that has been truly a difference maker. Micah Owings, Arthur Rhodes, David Weahters was a decent signing. Maybe Masset. Other than those guys he hasn't put anything of significance on the field. His moves may have hurt his own player development.

^^^Nix has been a nice signing for what it was. Hernandez has been an improvement over what we had at catcher last year.

The best move was not panicking and trading away important prospects like Alonso, Soto, Bailey, etc. for a quick fix like one year of Jermaine Dye or an equivalent player. I understand that having a .900 ops bat in LF would be a sure difference maker, but mortgaging the future on this team by shipping out all of the top end farm talent would be a great way to make sure the Reds don't compete for the next decade (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    The best move was not panicking and trading away important prospects like Alonso, Soto, Bailey, etc. for a quick fix like one year of Jermaine Dye or an equivalent player. I understand that having a .900 ops bat in LF would be a sure difference maker, but mortgaging the future on this team by shipping out all of the top end farm talent would be a great way to make sure the Reds don't compete for the next decade (again).
    I could not agree with you more.

Turn Off Ads?