Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should the Reds start a '0 for ..' tally in the outfield for Taveras?

Should the Reds start a '0 for ..' tally in the outfield for Taveras?

It could be like a cool thing, like when Junior was chasing 600. There could be a 0 for .. and then a flip number that goes up after each successive AB. What do you think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should the Reds start a '0 for ..' tally in the outfield for Taveras?

I think it would be nice if they just put an '0 for...' up there for Dusty so he will possibly notice.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Kinda funny but completely mean. No need to dump excessively on a guy who is battling it right now.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Kinda funny but completely mean. No need to dump excessively on a guy who is battling it right now.
    Why not? He's got 7 million reasons not to care. Hell, if I was being paid that and sucking at my job, I would gladly even take rotten tomatoes thrown at me walking up for every AB. How many people could be among the worst at their profession and still get paid 7 mil?

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Why not? He's got 7 million reasons not to care. Hell, if I was being paid that and sucking at my job, I would gladly even take rotten tomatoes thrown at me walking up for every AB. How many people could be among the worst at their profession and still get paid 7 mil?
    But look at it like this, WT isnt going to say "No Guys. I'm not worth that much, pay me 2 mil max."
    In other words, it was the Reds who gave it to him so I am not blaming WT for his contract though we all know he wasnt worth it.

Well that says something about you. As much as you dislike Willy, he's a professional; he can't be very pleased that what he's done for his entire life isn't working out well right now. And do people honestly think that putting up an '0 for x' sign would help Willy Taveras, or is this just a joke thread? Because seriously that's a pretty awful idea.

It could be like a cool thing, like when Junior was chasing 600. There could be a 0 for .. and then a flip number that goes up after each successive AB. What do you think?
    This is funny... as soon as you spend the time and effort putting up a "0 for" sign, you would've had to take it down and put up a "3 for 5" sign.

I agree... no need to beat a guy endlessly while he's down. It doesn't accomplish anything.

This is obviously a sarcasm thread, he doesn't really think they should put it out there...it is pretty humorous though, you got a smile from me

How many people could be among the worst at their profession and still get paid 7 mil?
    American Banking and Automotive CEOs on line 1 for you.

That being said, I would be all for the idea but not in the Reds outfield.

If there was only some way to hang the "0- for" tally above Dusty's bed, so he had to stare at it every night before going to sleep, and so it was the first thing he saw every morning.

No need to punish Willy T. Dusty is the one that keeps rolling him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    But look at it like this, WT isnt going to say "No Guys. I'm not worth that much, pay me 2 mil max."
    In other words, it was the Reds who gave it to him so I am not blaming WT for his contract though we all know he wasnt worth it.
    I know it is easy for me to say, but I would feel like a tool if I got a contract like that and played like he has. I dunno if I would give it directly back to ownership - they have enough money - but I would say, have a few free walk up nights at the ballpark for the fans or something as a payback. It's not common, but not completely rare for an athlete to give some of his salary back for the way they played in some way.

I think a few posters could use their internet sarcasm detectors re-calibrated.

Good to see Taveras pick up a few hits last night. didn't see today's game. I just hope if he keeps struggling that Dusty will realize it and bench him, instead of prolonging the agony in waiting for another such performance.

Turn Off Ads?