Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Travis Wood is No. 10 on BA Prospect Hot Sheet

Travis Wood is No. 10 on BA Prospect Hot Sheet

No. 10 TRAVIS WOOD, LHP, REDS

Team: Double-A Carolina (Southern)
    Why He's Here: 2-0, 2.25, 12 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 3 R, 2 BB, 15 K
    If we had had a normal Prospect Hot Sheet last week, Wood would have made a case for No. 1 with a complete-game shutout with 11 strikeouts. Until his start on June 18, Wood was working on a 22-inning scoreless streak. Even with his three runs allowed on June 18, he's still allowed only five runs in his last 41 innings, which explains why he's 7-3, 1.36 this year. Wood had the worst ERA (7.09) in the Southern League last year, so this is a pretty amazing turnaround, which can be credited in part to a cut fastball he's perfected plus improved fastball command. The command may be the biggest improvement—he walked 27 batters in his first eight starts, but just five in his last six.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...09/268409.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Wood is No. 10 on BA Prospect Hot Sheet

I've liked this guy as a prospect ever since he lit up the GCL a few years ago coming out of high school. A plus change-up is a great weapon to have in your arsenal.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Command and arm health are the only questions I've ever had about Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Command and arm health are the only questions I've ever had about Travis.
    Command now seems to be solved, if he goes 150 innings this year, then health ?'s can be tossed aside too.

Greg (The 'Nati): Who is the Reds left fielder of the future - Frazier, Heisey, or Votto (once Alonso is ready for 1B)? Why are the Reds using Frazier exclusively in LF at AA when there is such a gaping hole at 3B at the major league level?

J.J. Cooper: Very good question that I can't really fully figure out. The Reds are going to have to make a trade at some point, as in two years they could have five guys (Stubbs, Heisey, Frazier, Dickerson and Votto if they are willing to move him) to play two positions with Bruce in right. I can't really explain the decision on Frazier, as Juan Francisco's raw approach means he's quite a ways from the big leagues, and Frazier seems able to handle the position.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...09/268411.html

Kinda makes me wonder ... is Cueto/Volquez/Bailey/Wood/Leake possible for 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder ... is Cueto/Volquez/Bailey/Wood/Leake possible for 2011?
    Don't forget about Stewart
    Go BLUE!!!

its been so long since we have had to worry about stuff like this...sure is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Don't forget about Stewart
    I'll have to try to remember to look up some #'s for him later.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Greg (The 'Nati): Who is the Reds left fielder of the future - Frazier, Heisey, or Votto (once Alonso is ready for 1B)? Why are the Reds using Frazier exclusively in LF at AA when there is such a gaping hole at 3B at the major league level?

J.J. Cooper: Very good question that I can't really fully figure out. The Reds are going to have to make a trade at some point, as in two years they could have five guys (Stubbs, Heisey, Frazier, Dickerson and Votto if they are willing to move him) to play two positions with Bruce in right. I can't really explain the decision on Frazier, as Juan Francisco's raw approach means he's quite a ways from the big leagues, and Frazier seems able to handle the position.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...09/268411.html
    So why can't Stubbs or Heisey play Center? Put Frazier at 3rd base move Votto to left and Alonso to first. Have Heisey and Dickerson be the 4th and 5th outfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    its been so long since we have had to worry about stuff like this...sure is fun.
    Yea, makes it fun to be a Reds fan....

Votto, Stubbs, Bruce in the outfield

Soto, ?, Philips, Alonso...

The pieces are there....

Plus the Reds have about 15 bullpen arms who will be there also...

Turn Off Ads?