Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What cities have you seen the Reds play in? What was your experience like?

What cities have you seen the Reds play in? What was your experience like?

I have seen the Reds play in the following cities:
    -Boston
    -San Diego
    -Pittsburgh
    -Cleveland

Obviously, in Cleveland, there were a lot of Reds fans, but surprisingly (or maybe not so suprisingly, since the Reds hadn't been there in awhile), there were quite a few Reds fans in attendance in Boston. There weren't as many in Pittsburgh as I thought there would be, and there were hardly any when I was there in San Diego (though I have seen quite a few west coast Reds fans from watching on TV).

What cities have fellow sun deckers seen the Reds play in?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What cities have you seen the Reds play in? What was your experience like?

Atlanta in the 80's and there were quite a few Reds fans there. The Braves were bad then so I could walk up and usually get a field level seat for less than 5 bucks or even free sometimes. I have seen them play in St. Louis in the late 70's and so on. The biggest thrill was getting downtown early and seeing Johnny Bench walking across the street to the stadium. Have also seen them in the 80's 90's and 00's since I live in Memphis it is only about 4 hours away. Not many Reds fans even though there was lots of Red in the stadium.

Only seen them in Wrigley on the road, Loshe threw an 8 inning 1 hitter. Couple more Reds fans, was expecting some harsh fans/words but didn't get any. Would like to go back in September this year.
    2010 Attendance Record: 7-4
    2009 Attendance Record: 14-16

Stop! Homer time!!

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Chicago and Atlanta

The trip to Wrigley was great. It was mid- to late-90s. Gant was mashing.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I saw the Reds at Three Rivers in Pittsburgh back in the 70's and in St. Louis last year. I don't remember much about the experience in Pittsburgh as it was so long ago but the fans were great to me in St. Louis...no problems at all. I has a great time there even though the Reds lost.

I have seen them play in:
    Chicago
    St. Louis(Old Bush Stadium)
    New York(Yankees)

My favorite for baseball was Wrigley and my favorite for things to do outside of the ballpark was New York. St. Louis was alright, excellent fans, saw Griffey hit number 500, but generally had the same feel as Cincinnati so it was nothing different.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver62 View Post
    I saw the Reds at Three Rivers in Pittsburgh back in the 70's and in St. Louis last year. I don't remember much about the experience in Pittsburgh as it was so long ago but the fans were great to me in St. Louis...no problems at all. I has a great time there even though the Reds lost.
    I have heard nothing but good things about St. Louis baseball fans. Very knowledgable group of fans who consistently fill the park and understand the game.

Votto = MVP

I saw them play in Milwaukee last summer. It was a pretty hostile environment. A lot of people were yelling at us, but I think that was a product of the intense tailgating that they have before their games. We got the last laugh when Coco came in and was showered with boos, shortly before shutting them down for the save
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

In Houston at both the Astrodome and Enron...err...Minute Maid Ballpark. People might say the Astrodome is a dump now, and maybe so. But when it first went up it was magical. Playing baseball indoors. And the scoreboard was awesome. MMB is a nice stadium as well, retractable roof and all.

We went to Pittsburgh for a series a few years ago. Stayed at the hotel right next to PNC. The Penguins were also in training camp, so mornings we were at the Igloo and went straight to PNC in the afternoon. It was a dream weekend.

Seen them play in the following places:
    St. Louis
    Chicago (Wrigley)
    New York (Yankee Stadium)
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Atlanta
    Colorado

Favorite atmosphere was Wrigley, love PNC and Coors for the stadium. Atlanta was rather boring. Fans don't seem to care, stadium in boring part of town. Toronto was pretty cool although fans didn't seem to be to interested in the game there either. St. Louis fans were most like Cincinnati, although there are consistently about 20,000 more in the seats.

Cleveland
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Cincy

going up to Cleveland this weekend to catch a game or two and i am going to Chicago at the end of July for a game

I've seen them play in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. I've had good experiences in each of those cities. My favorite was definitely last year in Pittsburgh. The ballpark was beautiful and we stayed in the same hotel as the team. It was pretty cool to come down and see Volquez, Cueto, Edwin, and Cordero sitting right there in the lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    Atlanta in the 80's and there were quite a few Reds fans there. The Braves were bad then so I could walk up and usually get a field level seat for less than 5 bucks or even free sometimes. I have seen them play in St. Louis in the late 70's and so on. The biggest thrill was getting downtown early and seeing Johnny Bench walking across the street to the stadium. Have also seen them in the 80's 90's and 00's since I live in Memphis it is only about 4 hours away. Not many Reds fans even though there was lots of Red in the stadium.
    I remember those 80's Braves days, my dad took me once, we walked up to the stadium shortly before game time and got seats on the dugout. Crazy.
    As for my Reds, cities, I have seen them in Pittsburgh, New York, and all Fl spring training cities. The P-burgh game was in 83, my parents drove me to Pitt to see my hero Johnny Bench for my bday-my first game as well, adn I think his last career road homer if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by bounty37h; 06-22-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?