Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just got back from the Reds/White Sox games

Just got back from the Reds/White Sox games

I attened yesterday's and today's game. Very disappointing weekend for a Reds fan. It was cool getting to see Hank Aaron, Muhammed Ali, Bill Cosby, and Frank Robinson among others, but the results on the field were disappointing.

Saturday:

We sat in the bleachers on Saturday night. We had some White Sox fans around us that would give Cubs fans a run for their money for most obnoxious fans in baseball. Their was one particular guy behind us who would constantly yell "REDS SUCK" at the top of his lungs every five minutes or so. He would then follow it up with "Bruce sucks" or "Phillips sucks". The guy had no class at all.

Gomes had a nice game. He just crushes lefties. Bruce looked good too. He had a nice line drive double off the lefty Richard and then he later hit a bullett off Jenks for a HR.

Can't blame this loss on the offense. For once, the offense actually had a breakout game and as luck would have it, the pitching staff had one of their worst nights of the year. With the Reds up 5-0 and Johnny Cueto pitching, I thought this game was pretty much over. I was wrong. Oh well, Johnny was due for a bad game. That's his first clunker of the season. It looks like he had a blister develop which took away his slider, his best pitch. I'm surprised they didn't pull him earlier if the blister was effecting his stuff.

Sunday:

We sat down the right field line today. There were some White Sox fans around us but they were all nice folks, unlike the guys behind us on Saturday night.

Harang pitched well I thought. He had a lot of bad luck today. I think he gave up eight hits in seven innings but half of those hits were seeing eye singles or bloopers.

Another rough game for Masset. Is he falling back to earth? Hopefully it's just a bad four/five game stretch.

Gomes had another nice day. Bruce also looked good again. He worked a walk in his first AB, worked the count to 3-2 in his next atbat before getting robbed of a hit. He later singled and grounded out. I think he's on the verge of a hot streak.

Dickerson had a great series. I love watching him run.

This was a typical 2009 Reds series. The offense finally had a breakout game on Saturday but the pitching had a horrible game. Today, the pitching was fine but the offense stunk it up.

By the way, those Frank Robinson jerseys they gave away are AWESOME. I love the throwbacks. I wish they would go back to wearing those.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-21-2009 at 10:08 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just got back from the Reds/White Sox games

One more thing:

Adam Rosales is a very solid defensive third baseman. I wish we could combine his defensive skills with Edwin's bat.

Turn Off Ads?