Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanigan.....let him play.....

Hanigan.....let him play.....

let him play.....let him play.....let him play.....let him play

I just know that when Votto comes back Hanigan will disappear from the everyday line up.Is there any way that we can get Dusty to not bury one of our best hitters and defensive weapons at the end of the bench?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hanigan.....let him play.....

I agree. I think they could probably package Hernandez and some prospects for something of value. They obviously should not pick up his 2010 option as Hanigan should get most of the starts next year.

Remember Bruce was a world shaker last season before the rest of the league adjusted to his weaknesses.

Having two good catchers, one of them being able to play 1st Base, is a nice problem to have.

What happens if Hannigan gets injured right after you deal Hernandez?

I thought it was silly when they had 3 mediocre catchers on the roster, but I'm not sure I would deal either of our good catchers at this point unless it was part of a "pie in the sky" great offer.

Hanigan has no power but for a team struggling to put the ball in play and reach base you almost have to play him.

2 bad reaching base doesnt really matter much to this manager.

Isn't Hanigan better on the defensive end than Hernandez?

what about playing hernandez at 3rd base when Votto comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by bigred97 View Post
    That sounds like a very bad idea.

I really just want Hanigan to get a couple of starts a week when Votto gets back.Before Hernandez started playing first he was our everyday catcher.Hanigan was lucky to start a game a week.Dusty just needs to at the very least keep Hanigan in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    Remember Bruce was a world shaker last season before the rest of the league adjusted to his weaknesses.

Having two good catchers, one of them being able to play 1st Base, is a nice problem to have.

What happens if Hannigan gets injured right after you deal Hernandez?

I thought it was silly when they had 3 mediocre catchers on the roster, but I'm not sure I would deal either of our good catchers at this point unless it was part of a "pie in the sky" great offer.
    Plus they are affordable.

I agree...a good problem to have.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    let him play.....let him play.....let him play.....let him play

I just know that when Votto comes back Hanigan will disappear from the everyday line up.Is there any way that we can get Dusty to not bury one of our best hitters and defensive weapons at the end of the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by bigred97 View Post
    Why exactly? It's actually a good idea to try.

Rosales can't hit at all, Richar is an unknown other than he's 26 and can't hit in the bigs yet, JHJ has to play SS.

Hernandez may be in a bit of a slump, but he's still better than those guys, and getting Hanigan in the lineup more than makes up for any "downgrade" at 3b D that may occur.

Our "pitching and defense" hasn't worked at all, especially when the defense comes at the cost of trotting out mendoza-flirting bats...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

JHJ has to play SS....? I dont know why anyone wants him playing SS. Hes barely passable as a 3rd baseman as it already it.

We stuck with Gonzalez being awful at the plate because of defense, yet Dusty wont play Janish because well I can only think of one reason.

So in the 3 games Votto has been back Hannigan has 0 ABs meanwhile Hernandez is 1-9 hitting and 0-3 throwing out runners.Three games aren't a lot to be taking stats all that seriously but the fact that Hanigan has seen no action in 3 games is saying a lot about what we'll be seeing.At least let him catch Bronson or maybe even Bailey or both every time they go to the mound.I could see Ryan getting a start in Cleveland but 1 start in 6 games is just not enough.

I can't imagine the message that this sends to the rest of the team when you bench one of the very few guys who have hit the ball well and most importantly had good AB after good AB.I guess we reward guys for being vets around here.

So in the 3 games that Joey has been back Hanigan has had 0 ABs.Meanwhile Hernandez in 1-9 hitting and 0-3 throwing runners out.If you don't like going on 3 games take a look at the last month or 2.I would guess that Hanigan will get a start in Cleveland but 1 start in 6 games is just not enough.

What kind of message does it send when you bench one of the very few guys on the team that has hit the ball well and most importantly had good AB after good AB.I guess we reward guys for being vets around here.:thumbdown

It is certainly strange how dusty runs guys out there out of position and struggling while having some not so bad options on the bench.

Turn Off Ads?