Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you get for Father's Day?

Re: What did you get for Father's Day?

My parents are coming to town next weekend.

My dad & I have seats to the Sunday Red Sox - Braves game in the high-end All-You-Can-Eat (and Drink) seats at Turner Field.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got a 6 inning, 3 hit, complete game, 6-2 victory from my son, Matt, in a tournament we were playing in Greensboro. The team had beaten us 11-2 the day before. He shut them down and pitched a great game. The best father's day gift he could have given me! His two hits and two RBI's were icing on the cake.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Saturday my wife came into the living room and asked if she could give me my father's day present early, since Sundays are pretty hectic for us usually. Since I have a small amount of sense, I said sure. She came back with a very nice card, but inside it was a gift certificate for a nearby music store. The amount was pretty substantial, too. I thought somebody had added an extra zero to it.
    So we drove to the store and I emerged with a new Fender amp to support my music habit.
    Remember, you're unique.....just like everybody else.

Tennis with my wife and daughter, a trip to the record store to get the new Todd Snider CD, and a new armband AM/FM radio (replacing my old broken one). The radio is a key to my sanity in the spring and summer as I generally use it to listen to Reds games while mowing the lawn, and ours takes a good 3+ hours to mow! The old one was so flaky, it frustrated me more than one of Arroyo's "1 IP, 10 H, 8 ER" lines. Now I will mow in peace the rest of the summer!

Tennis was especially neat because, although it was hot and she is not very experienced with the sport, my 7 yr old daughter was out there trying her darndest, and not even complainaing about the heat.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I got to watch the US Open, uninterrupted, all day long.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

We were on vacation in Gulf Shores Alabama. I woke up to great cards, coffee cup with pictures of my kids, a flashlight from my five year old, a bug repel thing you were on your belt from my 10 year old, and a Doral golf shirt from my wife. ( I will be going to Doral with 7 of my buddies for my 40th birthday in October.) We then spent the day at a Water Park. Perfect.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Turn Off Ads?