Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Starting to get concerned about Masset

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Starting to get concerned about Masset

What's going on with him lately? Just a bad stretch or something more serious? His location is horrible, and his velocity seems to be down too. I think this is four games in a row where he's given up a run after being almost untouchable before June.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Starting to get concerned about Masset

He hit 97 at least 3 times last night, so his velocity is fine.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    What's going on with him lately? Just a bad stretch or something more serious? His location is horrible, and his velocity seems to be down too. I think this is four games in a row where he's given up a run after being almost untouchable before June.
    Yea I was wondering the same thing, Im assuming it is just a bad stretch nothing serious but why is Dusty putting him in there today when he has been struggling and it is a close ballgame??
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

Looks like just a bad stretch. He's not getting the ball down in the zone like he was a week or so ago. Probably just needs a little mechanical adjustment. He was around 95 to 96 both last night and today, so he's okay on velocity end.

With it being his former team, I think Masset was overthrowing too much...thus leaving too many of his pitches up in the zone.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Way too many pitches up in the zone. Velocity is fine. I'm sure the problems can be fixed.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

In fairness, this is also a bit of the ol' "regression to the mean" going on in all likelihood. He just isn't as good as he has been to date...nor is he as bad as he has been in the last several appearances. However, in the end, he will probably be just about "right" (i.e., numbers should be where you would expect them to be...maybe better considering the crazy good start) in the end.

Turn Off Ads?