Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Monday 6/22/09 Minor League Game Updates

Re: Monday 6/22/09 Minor League Game Updates

30 hits in 38 innings?

I fail to see a big issue. Fewer hits than IP with a high K rate and solid BB rate is a recipe for success where I'm concerned.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    30 hits in 38 innings?

I fail to see a big issue. Fewer hits than IP with a high K rate and solid BB rate is a recipe for success where I'm concerned.
    Pretty much. Miss bats, don't hand out free passes and keep the ball in the park and you are going to have success. Bailey has done those things very well over his past 40 innings. If he can continue to do so moving forward, he will be fine.

I have never seen any one be disappointed in a WHIP under 1.00

I'm not disappointed. But having seen most of his starts this year I've noticed he gets hit hard. Meaning batters get good wood on a lot of balls. AAA hitters. His recent performance has been excellent as far as consistency and keeping runs off the board. I just don't think he's ready to face a big league lineup. The added discipline and ability he's going to see is going to have him throwing fastballs when the batter is looking fastball. I hope I'm wrong but if he starts Saturday, I think he's going to get lit up.

nm already posted
    Last edited by bubbachunk; 06-24-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I'm not disappointed. But having seen most of his starts this year I've noticed he gets hit hard. Meaning batters get good wood on a lot of balls. AAA hitters. His recent performance has been excellent as far as consistency and keeping runs off the board. I just don't think he's ready to face a big league lineup. The added discipline and ability he's going to see is going to have him throwing fastballs when the batter is looking fastball. I hope I'm wrong but if he starts Saturday, I think he's going to get lit up.
    Problem is, there just isn't more time.

Bailey has a window now with Volquez being out and the trade deadline coming up (in 5 weeks). His performance during that time should give the Reds a good idea on what the proper next move should be- shipping out Arroyo, demoting Owings, etc. They have to make a final decision on Bailey himself by this offseason, as he is out of options for next year. I know it's been said a bunch of times, but it really is now or never for Homer and the Reds.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?