Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prospects for Arroyo...

Prospects for Arroyo...

Since Arroyo is evidently being shopped by Walt due to salary and hopefully Baily forcing his hand....

Who would you like to get and why....

Please provide some links or other info also..

PS...

This is the forum in the Redszone where people in the know post.....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prospects for Arroyo...

IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE

1. Elvis Andrus SS Tex
    2. Brandon Wood SS/3B Ana
    3. Taylor Teagarden/Max Ramirez C Tex
    4. Michael Taylor OF Phi
    5. Jason Donald SS Phi
    6. Lou Marson C Phi
    Go BLUE!!!

I could see Bradon Wood getting involed.

I dont see Texas going after Arroyo at all.

Out of the teams I could see him going to it would be Philly, Atlanta, LA Angels, White Sox might make a play for him, and possibly the Dodgers.

I wouldn't take a prospect. I'd only take a proven MLB hitter.

But if there was one in a package, I wouldn't mind Austin Jackson.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=457706

The Yanks would have to be crazy to trade him but Cashman does some crazy things.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I wouldn't take a prospect. I'd only take a proven MLB hitter.

But if there was one in a package, I wouldn't mind Austin Jackson.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=457706

The Yanks would have to be crazy to trade him but Cashman does some crazy things.
    If the deal is with the Yankees, the one guy I want back is Jesus Montero. We have enough CF in the system right now:

Taveras (ha!)
    Dickerson
    Stubbs
    Heisey
    Reed
    Sappelt
    Fellhauser
    Rodriguez
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    If the deal is with the Yankees, the one guy I want back is Jesus Montero. We have enough CF in the system right now:

Taveras (ha!)
    Dickerson
    Stubbs
    Heisey
    Reed
    Sappelt
    Fellhauser
    Rodriguez
    But none of them are 22 years old at AAA hitting .342. The only downside to Jackson is lack of power but it may come.

If the deal is with the Yankees, the one guy I want back is Jesus Montero. We have enough CF in the system right now
    We have enough first baseman too though.

I dont want any Yankee prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont want any Yankee prospects.
    I would gladly take Montero or AJax into the Reds system. Those guys are legit. The problem is Montero is a 1B/DH and AJax plays CF where we have a ton of other guys already. Still, he would be the #1 CF we would have the day he were to put on a uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We have enough first baseman too though.
    It remains to be seen whether or not Montero can remain behind the plate. One thing's for sure though- I'd take his future (both bat and glove) over Mesoraco's any day of the week.
    Go BLUE!!!

It remains to be seen whether or not Montero can remain behind the plate. One thing's for sure though- I'd take his future (both bat and glove) over Mesoraco's any day of the week.
    It doesn't remain to be seen on Montero. Dude simply won't catch. No one thinks so. As for the Mesoraco comparison... not sure what it has to do with anything. Montero is a top 50 prospect in baseball, even when we consider the fact that he will play 1B or DH as a pro.

I would gladly take Montero or AJax into the Reds system. Those guys are legit. The problem is Montero is a 1B/DH and AJax plays CF where we have a ton of other guys already. Still, he would be the #1 CF we would have the day he were to put on a uniform.
    My problem is just how hyped Yankee prospects are. I dont doubt he is a good prospect but just something about Yankee prospects and their value has been skewed for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    My problem is just how hyped Yankee prospects are. I dont doubt he is a good prospect but just something about Yankee prospects and their value has been skewed for a long long time.
    I don't buy into hype. I have my own sources and eyes that aren't feeding any Yankee hype machine. Even if I didn't, all you have to do is watch them. Montero especially, he looks like a man among boys right now. Jackson looks like the best athlete on the field just about anytime he steps on the grass and he really knows what he is doing at the plate. The power hasn't shown up all that much in the HR department yet, but he will be fine.

IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE

1. Elvis Andrus SS Tex
    2. Brandon Wood SS/3B Ana
    3. Taylor Teagarden/Max Ramirez C Tex
    4. Michael Taylor OF Phi
    5. Jason Donald SS Phi
    6. Lou Marson C Phi
    1. Untouchable
    2. Nice guy, I would look into
    3. Both of those bats have been down since moving up to the AAA and MLB levels.
    4. Near Untouchable
    5. Zach Cozart is better
    6. We already have that guy, his name is Craig Tatum.

I want an elite SS, or a power hitting right handed outfielder.

Quality over Quantity.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 06-22-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I don't buy into hype. I have my own sources and eyes that aren't feeding any Yankee hype machine. Even if I didn't, all you have to do is watch them. Montero especially, he looks like a man among boys right now. Jackson looks like the best athlete on the field just about anytime he steps on the grass and he really knows what he is doing at the plate. The power hasn't shown up all that much in the HR department yet, but he will be fine.
    Yea honestly its just a hang up I have personally.

Turn Off Ads?