3B Hariston
    1B Votto
    2B Phillips
    RF Bruce
    DH Gomes
    LF Nix
    C Hernandez
    SS Janish

Why is Taveras and Rosales even in the lineup tonight?

And when EE is back and we are not playing an AL team using the DH

Dickerson
    Phillips
    Votto
    EE
    Bruce
    Hanigan
    Nix
    Janish
    Pitcher

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Re: Why not this lineup Dusty!

Rosales is AAA and Taveres is a pinch runner. C'mon Dusty.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

No way.

Dickerson
    Hanigan
    Votto
    Phillips
    Edwin
    Nix
    Bruce
    Janish

DFA Taveras.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    No way.

Dickerson
    Hanigan
    Votto
    Phillips
    Edwin
    Nix
    Bruce
    Janish
    That's not a bad order, right there. At least it's a lot better than what we've been seeing. And it's a good defensive team. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    No way.

Dickerson
    Hanigan
    Votto
    Phillips
    Edwin
    Nix
    Bruce
    Janish
    Win. Dusty might be turning the corner on Dickerson, at least versus righties we'll see if Janish can crack the lineup and I'm not terribly sad if he doesn't but I like his defense and he deserves a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks106 View Post
    CF Dickerson
    3B Hariston
    1B Votto
    2B Phillips
    RF Bruce
    DH Gomes
    LF Nix
    C Hernandez
    SS Janish

Why is Taveras and Rosales even in the lineup tonight?

And when EE is back and we are not playing an AL team using the DH

Dickerson
    Phillips
    Votto
    EE
    Bruce
    Hanigan
    Nix
    Janish
    Pitcher
    It's because Dusty is the dumbest manager in the game. Although BP should not be batting 2nd but this is better than Dusty ever does. Hanigan. Hanigan. Hanigan. Hairston at SS? Oh dear.

If Dickerson was given the playing time against lefties, he'd bat better against lefties than Taveras.

I am about to explode, Owings just single handedly won his last start with a 3 run dinger. He was by far a better hitter than Rosales and Taveras. Thanks Dusty, I have been generally kind to you in the past but this is just retarded.

This loss is on you if Rosales goes 0-4 and we lose by 1

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I am about to explode, Owings just single handedly won his last start with a 3 run dinger. He was by far a better hitter than Rosales and Taveras. Thanks Dusty, I have been generally kind to you in the past but this is just retarded.

This loss is on you if Rosales goes 0-4 and we lose by 1
    I have been overly kind to Baker in the past, too. That's over with. Baker needs to be fired, pronto. His faults far outweigh his good points.

By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

06/22/09 3:17 PM ET

Welcome back to the second edition of the Reds Inbox. Be sure to check out my MLBlog, where you can ask questions in the comments section of the posts. You can also get updates from me via Twitter (@m_sheldon).

On to the Inbox ...

What do you think is really going on with the center-field situation? Is Dusty Baker under orders from above to play Willy Taveras?
    -- Jim W., Fairborn, Ohio

Under orders? No way. But common sense says that Taveras is making $6.25 million for 2009-10 and the Reds aren't going to let him collect dust on the bench for very long. If given the reins to run this club, would I start Chris Dickerson in center field? Yes. But if Taveras is playing well and reaches base, the rest of the lineup also benefits. Remember his 14-game hitting streak in May? The Reds were 10-4 during it and players like Jerry Hairston Jr. and Brandon Phillips got hot.

Taveras' numbers as a leadoff hitter -- a .224 average with a .274 on-base percentage -- are terrible, as were his 0-for-32 and 1-for-45 skids. It's even tougher for fans to watch, knowing Dickerson is champing at the bit for another chance. Then you see games like Saturday when Taveras got three hits. After his first single, the distracted starting pitcher made five pickoff attempts, which led to Phillips walking. The runners did the double steal and scored on the catcher's throwing error. Two innings later, Taveras push bunted, reached third on a throwing error and later scored. If the Reds can somehow get that Taveras to show up for every game, they'd have the right guy in the leadoff spot.

Unfortunately for them on Sunday, they got a Taveras that went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts. Dickerson pinch-hit for him in the eighth and singled during the loss to the White Sox.

Turn Off Ads?