Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2010

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2010

A person with the knowledge of the negotiations says the Detroit Pistons have agreed in principle to contracts with free agents Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday night on the condition of anonymity because NBA rules prohibit teams from announcing free agent signings until next week.

Gordon, the third pick in the 2004 draft by the Chicago Bulls, agreed to a 5-year deal for at least $50 million.

Villanueva, the seventh overall pick by Toronto in 2006 who has played all three of his NBA season with the Milwaukee Bucks, also agreed to a five-year deal. His contract is worth at least $35 million.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

The floodgates are now open.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 07-01-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Updated info

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thats a lot of cake for both Gordon and Villanueva. I would imagine Rip Hamilton might be on the move somewhere. Dumars maybe on the hot seat if those two moves don't work out especially with the terrible Billups trade.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Ben Gordon apparently couldn't get out of Chi-town fast enough. As a Bulls fan I hope it proves to be a bad move for him.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Z-Bo to the Grizz. At last, the Clippers do something smart in opening up a spot for Blake Griffin to start. They have three legitimate low post players, a dynamic scoring PG, and Eric Gordon was their best player last year. They don't really have a swing guy, but they've got some serious assets.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Thats a lot of cake for both Gordon and Villanueva. I would imagine Rip Hamilton might be on the move somewhere. Dumars maybe on the hot seat if those two moves don't work out especially with the terrible Billups trade.
    That Billups deal also got him out of the Billups' contract. Of course, he now uses said money plus for two solid if unspectacular players. Piston starting quintet looks good right now, IMO:

PG Stuckey
    SG Gordon
    SF Prince
    PF Villanueva
    C McDyess

In the east, that's not horrible. Two really tough match-ups (Prince and Villanueva) and an undersized C. Hamilton leads the bench bunch, with Maxiell, Bynum, rookie Daye, and the immortal Kwame Brown as a second unit. If they can find a solid C other than Wallace, they have a shot to be that second-tier Eastern Conference, 3 or 4 seed or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    That Billups deal also got him out of the Billups' contract. Of course, he now uses said money plus for two solid if unspectacular players. Piston starting quintet looks good right now, IMO:

PG Stuckey
    SG Gordon
    SF Prince
    PF Villanueva
    C McDyess

In the east, that's not horrible. Two really tough match-ups (Prince and Villanueva) and an undersized C. Hamilton leads the bench bunch, with Maxiell, Bynum, rookie Daye, and the immortal Kwame Brown as a second unit. If they can find a solid C other than Wallace, they have a shot to be that second-tier Eastern Conference, 3 or 4 seed or better.
    Not too sure that I agree. First, they have no real point on a team w/ guys who need PG's to get them open shots (Gordon/Prince/Hamilton). CV is overrated and McDyess is old and shouldn't play as many minutes as they need him.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Z-Bo to the Grizz. At last, the Clippers do something smart in opening up a spot for Blake Griffin to start. They have three legitimate low post players, a dynamic scoring PG, and Eric Gordon was their best player last year. They don't really have a swing guy, but they've got some serious assets.
    This trade blows my mind. I can't believe the Clips unloaded that contract. I thought for sure they were going to have to dump Camby or Kamen, but I forgot just how dumb Chirs Wallace is.

Davis
    Gordon
    Thorton
    Griffin
    Camby/Kaman

If they had a coach this might be a possilbe 6-8 seed in the West

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    This trade blows my mind. I can't believe the Clips unloaded that contract. I thought for sure they were going to have to dump Camby or Kamen, but I forgot just how dumb Chirs Wallace is.

Davis
    Gordon
    Thorton
    Griffin
    Camby/Kaman

If they had a coach this might be a possilbe 6-8 seed in the West
    Agreed 100%

Actually Dice is a FA too. Not sure if he is for sure re-signing or not.

It will be weird seeing the Pistons play without any defense. I can only guess Rip is out for a big, unless they keep Gordon as their 6th man.

Apparently, the Cavs are trying to sign Ariza AND Artest. Talk about going all in with your chips.

If they get both-- along with James and Shaq-- Cleveland will certainly be the team to beat.

It would also be interesting to see Ariza replace Robert Horry as perpetual good luck charm and demi-god of good NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Apparently, the Cavs are trying to sign Ariza AND Artest. Talk about going all in with your chips.
    They don't have any cap room, this is imposible. They are probably going after both, but not looking to sign both, just one. Unless if that is what you were saying.

Artest is also looking to sign with LA if Ariza doesn't sign.

Hearing some message board rumors of Rip Hamilton for Carlos Boozer.

Hamilton has an ugly ugly contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    They don't have any cap room, this is imposible. They are probably going after both, but not looking to sign both, just one. Unless if that is what you were saying.

Artest is also looking to sign with LA if Ariza doesn't sign.
    I wasn't sure of their cap situation, I was just going by what I heard, that they were going after both to SIGN both.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,7602019.story

Lakers close to deal with Artest

Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times
    The Lakers are close to reaching an agreement with Artest.
    The move would probably end the pursuit of forward Trevor Ariza.
    By Mike Bresnahan
    July 3, 2009
    The Lakers are close to reaching an agreement with Houston Rockets forward Ron Artest, The Times has learned.

Artest has been meeting with Lakers executives throughout the day and is expected to agree to terms later this afternoon.

UPDATE (5:00 pm)- ESPN.com's Chris Broussard reports the deal would be worth "an estimated $18 million" over three years, which is a perfect length from LA's standpoint. Artest will be 30 in November. BK
    Last edited by RBA; 07-02-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Turn Off Ads?