Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2010

Re: NBA 2010

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    For the most part I would agree. But didn't Zydrunas Ilgauskas have major foot problems early in his career? He seems to have gotten past that. He may be the exception to that rule.
    True, but a big problem with Yao is his committment to the Chinese national team. The guy plays 12 months a year and never gets a chance to heal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Love that deal for Houston, assuming they're finding another shooting guard or point guard either in the draft or through free agency. Stoudamire is a great player and he can play well with Ming, assuming he heals. (Of course, IMO, Yao needs to cut his minutes anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    For the most part I would agree. But didn't Zydrunas Ilgauskas have major foot problems early in his career? He seems to have gotten past that. He may be the exception to that rule.

Yeah, but the dude can't hardly move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Vince Carter traded to Orlando.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Carter for Alston and Courtney Lee (there are some other players invovled too)

Nelson
    Lewis
    Carter
    Hedo (if they can resign him)
    Howard

That is a good basketball team right there.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Vince Carter is heading home, to central Florida -- and he's bringing Ryan Anderson with him.

The Nets have agreed in principle to trade their most dynamic player and top gate attraction to the Orlando Magic in exchange for three players, which will effectively help them clear roughly $18 million off their 2010-11 salary cap.

Coming to New Jersey are point guard Rafer Alston, power forward Tony Battie, and rookie shooting guard Courtney Lee.

Anderson will be sent to Orlando in a separate deal for the Magic's trade exception.

It is now likely that the Nets will lean toward drafting a two-guard to take Carter's place, such as Terrence Williams. If that isn't the case, Lee -- a very promising player who was otherwise abused by Kobe Bryant in the NBA Finals -- will fight Chris Douglas-Roberts for the starting job.

Equally plausible is that the Nets have opened the door for another power forward, with Anderson heading south. That could provide the necessary impetus to draft Tyler Hansbrough.
    http://www.nj.com/sports/mustsee/ind..._move_car.html

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Interesting.

The Suns are in discussions with the Warriors to send Amare Stoudemire to Golden State for center Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick in Thursday's draft.

The Suns would also get another guy back in the deal, possibly Anthony Randolph, Brandan Wright or Marco Belinelli, to make the numbers work. However, we doubt that Randolph is going anywhere.
    Source: Arizona Republic

Lakers will Repeat, they are going to Resign Lamar and Ariza

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Lakers will Repeat, they are going to Resign Lamar and Ariza
    The Lakers will be good again, but I don't think you can pencil in that repeat. They need a new PG. I love Fischer but he is going to be too old. And lets not act they completely dominated the field this year. They were just better. A healthy Houston team is just as good if not better. The Spurs if healthy and with Jefferson are as good if not better. Denver needs one piece and they are right there. Obviously you can't count out Cleveland and Orlando with Vince Carter looks scary good.

I actually think you'll see a half dozen or so at least teams with legitimate title hopes at the beginning of the season.

From the beginning of this season Cavs v. Lakers seemed preordained.

The Pacers drafting Hansbrough is pretty interesting to me. I'm not sure how good of an NBA player he'll be. I've always been a fan of his though. I thought Larry Bird had a funny comment about it:

"I always see the comparisons to Jeff Foster, but I don't get it," Bird said, referring to the Pacers center known for hustle but a 5.1 career scorer. "This guy can score and he will score."
    I'm sure Jeff Foster was like "hey, thanks".
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    The Pacers drafting Hansbrough is pretty interesting to me. I'm not sure how good of an NBA player he'll be. I've always been a fan of his though. I thought Larry Bird had a funny comment about it:

I'm sure Jeff Foster was like "hey, thanks".
    The Pacers can run out a white wash w/ Hansbrough, Murph, Dunleavy, Diener, and Foster. They can even bring Josh McRoberts off of the bench. 6 American white guys? Wow

Could there possibly be a more "Midwestern" NBA team than this Pacers team?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

When the Pacers made the Dunleavy/Murphy for Jackon et al trade, my friend said they should put a billboard up in Carmel(the well to do suburb north of the city) saying, Your Indiana Pacers, now 40% whiter.

The Pacers can run out a white wash w/ Hansbrough, Murph, Dunleavy, Diener, and Foster. They can even bring Josh McRoberts off of the bench. 6 American white guys? Wow

Could there possibly be a more "Midwestern" NBA team than this Pacers team?

The Spurs managed to draft DeJuan Blair and Jack McClinton from Miami without a 1st round pick... that franchise absolutely amazes me. They're the front runners next year, IMO.

Hopefully Bird gets over his white guy fetish so we can win some games

Turn Off Ads?