Turn Off Ads?

Thread: First two guys in the 9th a good example of what's wrong with Reds' offense

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

First two guys in the 9th a good example of what's wrong with Reds' offense

Bruce hacks away at two pitches, neither one in the zone, popping the second one up trying to a hit a 2-run HR with nobody on base.

Nix gets himself in an 0-2 hole with two ridiculous pitches, later strikes out looking on a dead-red, fat, middle-of-plate fastball.

These guys have no approach at the plate whatsoever. They make themselves easy to pitch to. Most of the time, they'll get themselves out if you let them.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: First two guys in the 9th a good example of what's wrong with Reds' offense

Bruce hit one about 4 feet short of a homer.... like he does on most nights
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    That shows you how strong he is, but it was a bad cut at a "pitcher's pitch."

What happened to the guy who came up a couple of years ago working the count, lining the ball the opposite way?

what I dont get is accountibility??????? is anyone talking to these guys after they approach an AB that way???? Is anyone sitting JB down and saying, "Pal, you gots to swing at better pitches".??? Is anyone letting these guys know that they were down 2 runs, they needed to get people on base to make soemthing happen? I love JB and LN but I seen the same thing. Reds coaches either need to coach or let someone else coach.
    One of my best memeories of a Reds coach was Lou saying that he could care less if we lost 162 games a year as long as we were beat all 162 games by the other team. Cant remember the verbatim speach but it was meant to let you know that we cant win a title if we beat ourselves.....we cannot allow our batters to walk up there and not know what is going on.

From what I can tell, Bruce has been getting guidance. That was part of that game against the Cubs where Dusty sat him out, but made Bruce sit next to him during the game so Dusty could show him some of the things he should be doing.

Now, if Dusty was actually telling him the CORRECT things to do, I can't say...
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Their plate approach was soooo refreshingly different during the first few weeks of the season. Seems like years ago.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Their plate approach was soooo refreshingly different during the first few weeks of the season. Seems like years ago.
    I agree that Nix looked really bad last night, but hasn't he been working the count, fouling off pitches and looking for his pitch to hit most of the year?

What are you expecting the Reds offense to put up 8 runs every night? Reds pitching giving up 7 runs made the 9th inning irrelevant.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy View Post
    What are you expecting the Reds offense to put up 8 runs every night? Reds pitching giving up 7 runs made the 9th inning irrelevant.
    This wasn't a "Reds should have won that game" or "Who's to blame?" post. It's an example of the approach that has made the offense look bad all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Are you saying he comes up short most nights, or homers most nights?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Bruce comes up short most nights. I think that will continue the rest of the year. Then next year he will develop into the player most of us have been waiting for. This year is just a year long sophomore slump.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Gary Redus Ruled

Send a message:
    fire Jacoby then get somebody better than him to work with these guys.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Turn Off Ads?