Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Volunteers Add Top RB

Tennessee Volunteers Add Top RB

Lane Kiffin keeps stashing RBs. He added the top recruit in the country according to Rivals.com today when Bryce Brown from Kansas announced he's coming to Knoxville this fall. They've added quite a few studs since signing day and have put together a quality recruiting class, although admittedly the quantity isn't there. It's a good start for the Kiffin era. It all starts with recruiting.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Now if only they can put together a semblance of an offensive line to block for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tennessee Volunteers Add Top RB

Talent wise they just signed a young Tomlinson. The guy is sick, he can run, and he is a lethal weapon in the passing game.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Talent wise they just signed a young Tomlinson. The guy is sick, he can run, and he is a lethal weapon in the passing game.
    Your passing game comment is good to hear. One report I read listed his only weakness as "his hands".

I think this is an example of where UT reaps the benefits of having a Pro set offense. My guess is this guy did not want to go to a run and shoot.

I applaud the University of Miami for dropping this guy's LOI for the circus he was putting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Your passing game comment is good to hear. One report I read listed his only weakness as "his hands".

I think this is an example of where UT reaps the benefits of having a Pro set offense. My guess is this guy did not want to go to a run and shoot.
    He was in the US Army All American game, and he caught two long passes out of the backfield on wheel routes for touchdowns. The dude can fly.

Crazy Talented. In the Ted Ginn, Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Jeremy Maclin, class of game changer. Tennessee just added two wins to their total for this season.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Something juts doesn't seem so kosher about Kiffin. I have nothing to back this up but I just have a feeling that its a toss up whether or not UT returns to glory or goes on probation during Kiffin's tenure as head coach. Guy has done very little as a head coach and nothing as a college head coach yet has been a bombastic loudmouth attacking all of his competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Something just doesn't seem so kosher about Kiffin. I have nothing to back this up but I just have a feeling that its a toss up whether or not UT returns to glory or goes on probation during Kiffin's tenure as head coach. Guy has done very little as a head coach and nothing as a college head coach yet has been a bombastic loudmouth attacking all of his competitors.
    I can't say I disagree with anything you've written. It does make for an interesting upcoming football season

part of BBN

Rather than start a new thread, I will ask this in this one.
    I continue to see things on ESPN about Tennessee and possible violations with Kiffin. I think the last thing I seen was UT had acknowledged 4 of some sort.
    Can any of you UT fans give an update on this ? Is the program facing anything for the upcoming season and how is the Tennessee media treating Kiffin ?

Lane Kiffin has found the perfect home in the So Everyone Cheats.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I've seen this kid play several times. He's a stud, playing against competition in Wichita, Kansas. Now we'll see how that translates to playing against some of the best talent in the nation year in and year out.

Both he and his brother openly said they were not interested in KU, but both actually looked into K-State. The directions of the two football programs over the last 3-5 years have been complete opposite. The NCAA is already investigating Brown's "advisor"...
    Last edited by High Mileage; 06-09-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Rather than start a new thread, I will ask this in this one.
    I continue to see things on ESPN about Tennessee and possible violations with Kiffin. I think the last thing I seen was UT had acknowledged 4 of some sort.
    Can any of you UT fans give an update on this ? Is the program facing anything for the upcoming season and how is the Tennessee media treating Kiffin ?
    Kiffin is fine with the folks in Knoxville so long as he wins. Therefore they are anxiously awaiting the beginning of the new football season. If he loses then they'll turn on him quickly and clamor for a clean program. If he wins the SEC East then they'll overlook his secondary NCAA violations and consider that the cost of doing business.

So all eyes are on Kiffin and the pressure is on him to produce. Nobody's worried about whether all of this will fire up Alabama, Georgia, Florida or UK. These teams hate UT as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Something juts doesn't seem so kosher about Kiffin. I have nothing to back this up but I just have a feeling that its a toss up whether or not UT returns to glory or goes on probation during Kiffin's tenure as head coach. Guy has done very little as a head coach and nothing as a college head coach yet has been a bombastic loudmouth attacking all of his competitors.
    "It's the SEC. If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

--Charles Barkley

Gotta love the hate for the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Gotta love the hate for the SEC.
    Don't you know? The Big Ten, Big East, Big 12 and ACC are all clean as a whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kiffin is fine with the folks in Knoxville so long as he wins. Therefore they are anxiously awaiting the beginning of the new football season. If he loses then they'll turn on him quickly and clamor for a clean program. If he wins the SEC East then they'll overlook his secondary NCAA violations and consider that the cost of doing business.

So all eyes are on Kiffin and the pressure is on him to produce. Nobody's worried about whether all of this will fire up Alabama, Georgia, Florida or UK. These teams hate UT as it is.
    Kiffin is going to get the Billy Gillispie treatment in Knoxville.

Win and you will be fine.

Lose, and Vol fans will nitpick every negative thing they can. With Gillispie, it was the contract/MOU. I'm sure the minor infractions could blow up on Kiffin with a major loss early on.

Fulmer got a longer leash than he likely should have due to him being a native Tennessean and a UT graduate. The Tennessee program has been going downhill for awhile now and a change has been needed.

One person I know here is originally from outside of Knoxville and bleeds orange. He believed it was time for Fulmer to go but wasn't exactly thrilled with the hiring of Lane Kiffin because he didn't have the connections to Tennessee. I'd venture to say that is the feeling of a lot of people down there right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?