Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread

The Food Thread

Whether it is at a restaraunt, a Food Network show, or trying a recipe, I love food. And I know other RZers feel the same way. So lets hear it RZ...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Food Thread

I'm grilling some chicken right now to put a salad made from greens I grew in my garden.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I plan my days around food.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

My wife makes excellent chilaquiles, which is kind of like a Mexican lasagna...

About 5 years ago, we were out in Santa Fe. Wife's aunt took us to a restaurant where I had a pork tenderloin in a chipotle sauce. By the end of the meal, I couldn't feel my lips or tongue, and my eyes didn't stop watering for 10 minutes. Think the sauce was 1/3 lava, 1/3 enriched uranium, and 1/3 matter from the core of the sun. And I licked every drop of sauce off my plate.

If I should have the opportunity to know that what I am about to eat shall be my final meal on earth, I want nothing but fresh Hawaiian pineapple, picked from the plantation that morning.

Great thread, and great season for it.

I'm really hooked on grilled veggies right now.
    I've been a steak and potatoes guy my whole life....but with a recent "mid-life-crisis-lose-some-weight-and-get-healthy-you-lardass" approach....I've come to love me some veggies.

Made a grilled veggie sandwich last weekend for the wife and I.

Grilled portabello's (thinly sliced)
    Green and yellow squash (same)
    red peppers
    yellow onions.

Rub with oil, balsamic and garlic, generously. Grill until marks appear on each side....throw back in container with leftover rub.

Layer carefully on whole grain ciabatta bread...with mustard aioli, havarti cheese, sprouts and tomatoes. WOW!!!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Mrs Bourbon has gotten very good at making a relatively "healthy" version of potato skins. We've gotten to where we eat them at least once, if not twice a week. Pannini's on the pannini press at home are really good to with fresh basil, pesto, and banana peppers too.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I plan my days around food.
    Is that a golf pro thing?

Planned around waiting until our baked goods were delivered in the morning so I got a fresh muffin to go with my hot chocolate

.... then depending on what they were serving to the staff vs what was on the menu that day, dictated when I planned lessons, or scheduled myself in the shop

.... on the days there til dark, always made sure I booked a lesson right before staff meal time, or grabbed dinner after a lesson and treated the person taking...

Definitely planned my schedule and my whereabouts based on food

I watch Food Network nearly every night. My favorite show is Good Eats, but I'm also into the new show, Chopped...

We routinely make quesadillas these days. I usually spread some fat free veggie refried beans on a tortilla. I saute up whatever veggies we have on hand - an onion, mushrooms, green and/or red peppers. We put those on the tortilla and add fresh cilantro now that it's growing in. Top it off with some jack cheese (or Mexican white cheese if it's on hand).

I heat up a flat griddle, put the tortilla on, turn it a little so it doesn't stick and then flip it to cook the other side. Once done, I cut them into quarters with a pizza cutter and serve with salsa and sour cream.

Yum.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

How about some of you sharing some of those quick and easy recipes? Me and the kids could use some new ideas. Nothing fancy.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    How about some of you sharing some of those quick and easy recipes? Me and the kids could use some new ideas. Nothing fancy.
    GAC, the quesadillas are really simple and you can make them with just about anything. Let me know if you want more detailed instructions. My kids have even used tortillas for standard sandwich food grilling them in the tortilla (e.g. ham & cheese). And you can cook the quesadilla either as a half folding it over or as a whole.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I whipped some Pad Chow Wan myself this evening, that's taro breaded in peanuts and panko and fried or broiled, served with a soy/plum hot sauce.

My wife and I grilled a stuffed skirt stake on the grill.. Stuffed with garlic, bell pepper, onion, and motzerella cheese.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I whipped some Pad Chow Wan myself this evening
    My Mom always told me that would make you go blind.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?