Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farrah Fawcett R.I.P.

Farrah Fawcett R.I.P.

I just saw that Farrah Fawcett has died, age 62. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Farrah Fawcett R.I.P.

Here's a link. I hated to hear this although it had been expected for a while now. She will always be remembered for that poster that came out during her Charlie's Angels years. One of the best selling pinup posters of all time. For most of us guys that are in our 40's or so, she will be remembered very fondly.
    This completes the trifecta of recent celebrity deaths;Carradine,McMahon and now Fawcett. It always happens in three's doesn't it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/...s_obit_fawcett
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If had a dollar for everytime as a teenager I.............Uh nevermind, I'd be rich
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

She was one of my early crushes. I dare say, she still remains one of the most beautiful women in history (and I am pretty sure it was natural).
    Watching her recent health troubles was rather depressing. She really did seem like quite a nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This completes the trifecta of recent celebrity deaths;Carradine,McMahon and now Fawcett. It always happens in three's doesn't it.
    [/url]
    Apparently now they come in fours.
    Go BLUE!!!

They call me "chef"

Nah, Carradine gets bumped.

The new three is McMahon, Fawcett and Jackson.

Gotta keep the institution running.

The first time I remember seeing Farrah was in a Noxzema commercial where she was shaving Joe Namath. "Let Noxzema Cream Your Face, so the razor don't." Another one I remember which I think was also Namatha and Farrah was "Let creamy cream ya, with Noxzema." I had no idea who she was, but remember thinking how totally hot she was (of course totally hot was a phrase that came later, at the time I think we said, "she's a fox"). Those commercials are what got her started I think. Then came Charlie's Angels and the poster.

RIP, 62 is way too young for anybody.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-25-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I wasn't allowed to have "The Poster", but my friends had it. I really liked it.

So long Farrah.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I wasn't allowed to have "The Poster", but my friends had it. I really liked it.

So long Farrah.
    Same boat too. I wasn't allowed either and one of my friends had it plus a Jaclyn Smith poster. I liked them both a lot.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The first time I remember seeing Farrah was in a Noxzema commercial where she was shaving Joe Namath. "Let Noxzema Cream Your Face, so the razor don't." Another one I remember which I think was also Namatha and Farrah was "Let creamy cream ya, with Noxzema." I had no idea who she was, but remember thinking how totally hot she was (of course totally hot was a phrase that came later, at the time I think we said, "she's a fox"). Those commercials are what got her started I think. Then came Charlie's Angels and the poster.

RIP, 62 is way too young for anybody.
    To think, back then I probably had NO idea what they were talking about. lol I wonder if there were bigger selling posters back at the time then the Farrah poster or the one w/Bo Derek. Farrah was the original blonde angel. They tried to replace her but it was never quite the same.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

To be famous for beauty, and then to let your detoriation be filmed as you die of cancer to raise awareness is as selfless as it gets.

RIP, Farrah.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    They tried to replace her but it was never quite the same.

Actually, I liked Cheryl Ladd better. Not that I didn't like Farrah. I didn't have the poster but I had a T-Shirt of that picture. I was sad to hear that she was sick and I'm sorry to hear she passed away for her and her family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

One of the top 5 hottest women of all time. Simply gorgeous. Breathtakingly so. I had a crush on her when I was 6 and she was 30. Heck, I even had a crush on her when she was 50 and I was 26.

And that poster. I might have been 5 or 6, but I remember seeing that poster everywhere back then and I remember even at such a young age, I couldn't stop looking at it. Made me feel warm and fuzzy.

And selfless is a great word for what she did towards the end, Dom. What courage it must have taken to expose herself like that when she was at her weakest and so vulnerable and scared.

Rest in peace, Farrah. Class woman in every way.

I wasn't aware of that poster until I saw The Shawshank Redemption.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I wasn't aware of that poster until I saw The Shawshank Redemption.
    You made a few of us around here feel a bit older with that remark.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?