Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heisey in AAA

Re: Heisey in AAA

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    No relationship at all between Heisey going to Triple-A and Stubbs potentially moving up. Different people involved in making the decisions.
    Any word on Frazier and/or Wood going to Louisville? Any idea what is holding them back? Thanks.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

No idea. Very surprising that Wood has not moved up. All I can tell you is this: Sometimes, despite a guy being dominant at one level, there could be something that they feel he must improve on to be effective at the next level, something he may be getting away with against younger hitters. I spent eight years in Double-A and that was a common thing. Maybe a guy was leaving a pitch up and Double-A hitters were chasing it but they knew Triple-A guys would lay off, and they were waiting for the guy to make the improvement, ie: consistently keep the ball down. But it is hard to imagine, based on Wood's numbers, that there could be anything he is doing that would not translate to a higher level. Still, I would caution anyone not to expect a promotion based strictly on numbers if you have not seen the player on a fairly consistent basis.

This is definitely a needed move.

I really think the time is now to promote Frazier though. I really don't know what else he has left to prove in AA.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    This is definitely a needed move.

I really think the time is now to promote Frazier though. I really don't know what else he has left to prove in AA.
    I would bet he get's the call up once EdE get's back to the big club. He doesn't have a postion to play right now in AAA. If Michael Griffin gets recalled then I'll start to question things.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    I would bet he get's the call up once EdE get's back to the big club. He doesn't have a postion to play right now in AAA. If Michael Griffin gets recalled then I'll start to question things.
    I hope you're right. Francisco is back now with Carolina, so it's definitely time.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for too.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Good good move...

Makes you wonder if this means the Stubbs time table is getting close
    I hope Stubbs actually has to earn the call-up and doesn't get called up just because he is a former first-round pick. If Heisey is the better player at the AAA level (which he still needs to prove) he should get the call before Stubbs.

Stubbs has been awful lately. I much prefer it when he proves me wrong instead of proves me right. Him proving me wrong would be better for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?