Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mobile Rate and Texting Plans

Mobile Rate and Texting Plans

I'm looking to upgrade my cellphone service. I have a prepaid phone now, and it's getting to be more expensive than a monthly plan. All I do is text, so something with very little minutes, and unlimited texting would be great. I like some of the prices I have seen from Cincinnati Bell, but they claim that a package has unlimited texting, and then you have to pay more for the texting.

For example, they have a package that has 200 minutes, with unlimited texting for $29.99 a month. However, when I try to apply that to a phone, they try to charge you again for text and data. Anybody with Cincinnati Bell that could enlighten me a little bit would be a huge help.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Mobile Rate and Texting Plans

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my cellphone service. I have a prepaid phone now, and it's getting to be more expensive than a monthly plan. All I do is text, so something with very little minutes, and unlimited texting would be great. I like some of the prices I have seen from Cincinnati Bell, but they claim that a package has unlimited texting, and then you have to pay more for the texting.

For example, they have a package that has 200 minutes, with unlimited texting for $29.99 a month. However, when I try to apply that to a phone, they try to charge you again for text and data. Anybody with Cincinnati Bell that could enlighten me a little bit would be a huge help.
    Go to a store instead of buying online. I have an old plan, but I have 1000 minutes, plus unlimited text and media for $50 a month. You can add unlimited texting and media to thier plans for $15 a month, so I'd just get the lowest number of minutes they offer and just add the $15. Data plans are for smartphones (Blackberries, etc) and you don't need it if you aren't planning on using the phone for email, web browsing, etc.

Only downside with Cincy Bell is the phone selection sucks.

Edit: They can transfer your phone # off of a pre-paid phone to. I had T-Mobil pre-paid, and I was able to keep my number.
    Last edited by Reds4Life; 06-27-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Only downside with Cincy Bell is the phone selection sucks.
    I noticed that too. I was looking at the flip Blackberry, basically just for looks.

I think I'm going to go to the Cincinnati Bell store tomorrow, and find out what I can.

Thanks for the help.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here it is:

http://cincinnatibell.com/consumer/wireless/rate_plans/

If you click on the basic tab, it should be the second one down. It lists unlimited text, but then it charges for it again if you try to place the order.
    -LTlabner

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I have unlimited calls for $50 with T-Mobile. Don't expect me to text back.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Maybe you should get Verizon. (Do most of your friends have Verizon?)

Texting and calling is free (you won't get charged for texts or calling minutes) to other Verizon subscribers.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Maybe you should get Verizon. (Do most of your friends have Verizon?)

Texting and calling is free (you won't get charged for texts or calling minutes) to other Verizon subscribers.
    Not to mention the reception is spectacular anywhere you go, as is the customer service. At work I can get service in places others would never believe. Despite lower rates from other companies, you'd have to pry my Verizon phone from my cold, dead hands.

Turn Off Ads?