Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DeRosa to Cards For Perez & PTBNL

DeRosa to Cards For Perez & PTBNL

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...rk-derosa.html

According to the MLB.com Twitter, the Cardinals have acquired Mark DeRosa from the Indians for RP Chris Perez and a player to be named later.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DeRosa to Cards For Perez & PTBNL

They gave up what? Sounds like nada to me.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Where is Jocketty on this? We couldn't have given up anything better than Perez and a BTBN?

(Or as Grande calls him, "Jockerty.")

Chris Perez has closer stuff. He has failed a few times at holding down the closer role. He's a good young power arm. Also, depends on the PTBNL. Remember Owings was a PTBNL.

Good deal for St. Louis, although I don't think DeRosa is exactly the key to pushing a team over the top. Still it would have been nice to have him at 3B with Edwin out.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

The Reds really don't a have a young, major league ready arm that's as good as Perez right now. They have a few guys in the minors, but not on the 25 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    The Reds really don't a have a young, major league ready arm that's as good as Perez right now. They have a few guys in the minors, but not on the 25 man roster.
    Agree. The Tribe is looking for a guy to contribute over the long run, not for a Stormy Weathers type (with accompanying salary). Our nearest equivalent would be Roenicke, and he's older and not nearly as accomplished as Perez. I like the deal for Cleveland.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Agreed. The Reds would have to give up Burton if not more. If Roenicke were lights out I could see it but he's still unproven.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I am hoping this is plan B for a Holliday deal falling through, since apparently Perez was a principal in that rumor.

they get Holiday too im going to be ticked!!

Well, that explains why he wasn't in the Tribe's lineup tonight.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

The Indians get a good arm in return and it should also open up playing time for Matt LaPorta.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    they get Holiday too im going to be ticked!!
    I was reading a Cardinals board, and the posters over there were nearly unanimous in not wanting Holliday. Evidently, the price was Ludwick, one of Motte, McClellan, or Perez, and a minor-league prospect.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    The Indians get a good arm in return and it should also open up playing time for Matt LaPorta.
    Hopefully LaPorta can do more with said playing time this go round. He killed my fantasy team for a few weeks during his last shot.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

I wonder if there's any chance that Perez will be with the Tribe for tomorrows game.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Turn Off Ads?