Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds game on MLB's iPhone TV app

Haunted by walks

Reds game on MLB's iPhone TV app

Today's game is on the AtBat.TV app that MLB has created for the iPhone. They only feature one or two a day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds game on MLB's iPhone TV app

This will be the first test, but I'm assuming since they have that location tracking process in the app that those of us in Cincy with an iphone/ipod touch won't be able to watch.

It is a great app though. I'll occasionally watch a west coast game while lying in bed at night. Much better than keeping the wife up with the TV on.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

It's my favorite app that I have for my new iPhone -- the "instant highlights" feature is fantastic when I'm trying to follow a game while out and about, and I love the fact that I can just throw in some headphones and get instant audio anywhere.

If they removed the blackout restrictions, it would almost be reason enough to own an iPhone for baseball fans.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

The AtBat app is awesome. As someone who is normally out of WLW range, I like having the option during a game, to step away from the tv and still be able to follow the game. Also, as someone who does not normally get to hear Marty, I actually enjoy him calling the games.

Prior to this app coming out, I was thinking about switching from the iPhone to a different type of phone, but that's all changed now.

How does it work with the iPod Touch? I'm guessing that you would have to be able to connect to your home internet wireless or be able to connect to a public connection for the app to work. Anybody have any feedback?
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

I just got an Iphone last week and the MLB At Bat is a great app. I am on business trip this week and was able to watch a few innnings of today's game while waiting on a flight in the Chicago airport. That is one nice thing about the app is it does not black you out just on your home address. It blocks you out based on where you are at the time. So while I would have been blacked out at home since I would get that game I could see the game when I was traveling.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11 View Post
    How does it work with the iPod Touch? I'm guessing that you would have to be able to connect to your home internet wireless or be able to connect to a public connection for the app to work. Anybody have any feedback?
    That's my understanding -- it requires a live internet connection (via WiFi or 3G for the iPhone users) to receive updates and access video and audio.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?