Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zack Stewart to Louisville, Rosales too

Zack Stewart to Louisville, Rosales too

Brian Peterson is again removed from the roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zack Stewart to Louisville, Rosales too

Stewart moved up but not Wood?

interesting.

They may feel Stewart has more maturity than Wood at this point in their early careers. Wood would be pretty young for AAA.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'll predict they see Stewart as possibly helping in the pen this year. Just a guess.

I am curious only in that Stewart is fairly new to starting, and his pitch count and innings are up there relative to a year ago.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sounds like he is heading to the bullpen up there.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sounds like he is heading to the bullpen up there.
    Interesting...

Does this change his projection as a starting pitcher or was the original theory of having him start as to allow him to work on his secondary pitches true.

I guess if he dominates as a reliever in AAA then a late season callup is in order...

He is our version of Joba.

I'd like to see Stewart remain as a starter, as I think guys like Owings and Thompson could be well-suited to come out of the pen. Too bad I'm not in charge.
    Go BLUE!!!

My guess is that this move is to limit his pitches, and that he goes back to starting next year regardless of what lever he obtains this season.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    My guess is that this move is to limit his pitches, and that he goes back to starting next year regardless of what lever he obtains this season.
    Thats what I would expect to. From what I heard its a move to limit his innings/pitches. That tells me they plan on using him as a starter again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If its not a temporary move, then that would be my guess as well.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Thats what I would expect to. From what I heard its a move to limit his innings/pitches. That tells me they plan on using him as a starter again in the future.
    Good.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Interesting...

Does this change his projection as a starting pitcher or was the original theory of having him start as to allow him to work on his secondary pitches true.

I guess if he dominates as a reliever in AAA then a late season callup is in order...
    Stewart is already about at last season's IP number. I imagine the move to the pen is to save his arm and then decide next year what to do. 30 or so IP from now to the end of the year is probably his limit and if he's going to be in the pen they may as well move him up a level. He may get a look in Cincy's pen this year (and I think he could permanently move to a late inning role if that's the plan) but if he's going to be a starter he'll need another year in the minors to continue building those innings to about 140 or so in 2010 IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Good. I would be disappointed if they moved him back to the bullpen permanently after how well he pitched as a starter this season.

Probably use him as Louisville's closer from here out. Perhaps Lincoln is done for a while neccessitating Roenicke to stick around the big club.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?