Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zack Stewart to Louisville, Rosales too

Re: Zack Stewart to Louisville, Rosales too

Smart move.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Zach Stewart: A 2008 third-round pick out of Texas Tech, Stewart has had no problems dominating hitters in professional baseball. His up-and-down college career included stints in both the starting rotation and the bullpen. His pro career has been no different; Stewart spent his debut season in the ‘pen before moving to the rotation in 2009. He made seven starts in both high-A and double-A before moving back to the bullpen with a recent promotion to triple-A. That moves pretty much signifies that the Cincinnati organization views Stewart, 22, as a prospect that can help the club in the not-too-distant future. In double-A, the right-hander allowed just 29 hits in 37 innings of work while posting rates of 2.43 BB/9 and 7.54 K/9. He also does a nice job of keeping balls-in-play on the ground.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/ind...impacts-july-2

Zack with 4 Ks in his 2 innings so far with the bats. Of his 9 batters faced: 3 singles, 4 Ks, 1 fly out, 1 line out.

We had this on-going debate before the season and I was alone on an island when I said that Stewart was a better prospect than Lotzkar. I said after the Reds Futures Game that Stewart was the most impressive prospect on the field. I will be wrong about some guys, for sure, but not this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    We had this on-going debate before the season and I was alone on an island when I said that Stewart was a better prospect than Lotzkar. I said after the Reds Futures Game that Stewart was the most impressive prospect on the field. I will be wrong about some guys, for sure, but not this guy.
    I'm not sure if I said it, but at the time, I disagreed with you. At this point, though, I'd agree with you. Good job.

Turn Off Ads?