Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Father's Day?

What did you get for Father's Day?

My wife bought me a new netbook. I must've been a good boy this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: What did you get for Father's Day?

For my first one so far I've gotten 2 dirty diapers, a messy sneeze, and some throw-up.

And I couldn't be happier.

My wife and daughters are taking me to the Hofbrauhaus in Newport for lunch.
    No presents yet, because they are all asleep still, but the silence could be a present in itself!!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

My wife woke me up with "that look" in her eye. Later, she made me coffee and handed me a book about philosophy/fishing which I read in peace for nearly an hour. Breakfast was biscuts and gravy, and my 5 yr old walked down the stairs and the first words out of his mouth were "Happy Father's day". My gift was a fish finder.

I think I might still be asleep and dreaming.

GL

Worth The Wait

For my first Father's Day, I got this...........

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    For my first Father's Day, I got this...........
    That's a good one.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

High five!

I don't have any human children but my pet children "got" me a Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon and (yet another) book of baseball anecdotes for my "reading library."

My wife made steak, corn on the cob, baked potato. My kids went out and mowed/trimmed the yard, cleaned my car, and bought me a new OSU ball cap along with a quite humorous FD card.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My youngest gave me the Rolling Stones Let it Bleed CD. We had recently had a discussion on great albums, and I mentioned I did not have it as a CD yet. It was a very thoughtful present.

My daughter gave me a book about me. She sent pictures and captions to Shutterfly and they turned it into a pretty funny and memorable book. I love it.

My oldest called and we discussed politics and baseball. That was pretty special, also.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

A bug zapper
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Season 7 of the Shield (to complete the full series set), a gift card from my parents, and a great day at the pool with the family!

For my First Father's Day, I got a Wii (along with Wii Fit) and a Reds polo.

My daughter's second tooth also popped through today after a nearly-sleepless night last night.

Yea.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Reds game Saturday. The Sunday a trip to the Newport aquarium then the wife drove us home to Columbus where we visitedmy dad.

Breakfast in bed.
    Hand-made cards.
    Hand-made change holder (from colored popsicle sticks).

Good stuff....

My 15th FD...

I got no yelling in my house, a very rare I love you from my oldest daughter, my son doing everything I asked and my youngest not even wincing as i cleaned the 2nd degree burn she suffered the night before. Scalding hot soup spilled on her leg. We also got her ballet recital video in the mail the day before and I've watched it like 10 times. She's 11. In fact, I'm watching it now.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?