Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ian Snell....who wants him????

Ian Snell....who wants him????

Here is his stats

SPLITS G GS CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB SO W L P/GS WHIP BAA ERA
    Season 15 15 1 0 80.2 87 50 48 7 44 52 2 8 94.1 1.62 .282 5.36
    Career 128 116 2 0 693.0 752 390 366 83 308 576 33 46 95.4 1.53 .280 4.75

Hw was sent to AAA on his own demotion and K'd 17...sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for a guy. He is not breaking the bank and I dont think it would take much more than picking up his contract to take this guy from the Pirates.....they may not want to deal in division but I think he would be right up there at the top of the list fro guys that we should be targeting. At one time he was thought of as a main componeent of the Pirates. He would look real good in the 6th as a set up....IMO.

Here is a few quotes:

News: GM Neal Huntington admitted on Sunday that he's tried to trade Snell for "several months" but hasn't been offered a legitimate baseball return, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
    Spin: Huntington said he made a mistake signing Snell to a three-year deal that looked good on paper but didn't take into account the "human element". "Our focus now is to salvage something from this situation," Huntington said, "whether that's a trade, or Ian comes back -- maybe that's in the bullpen -- we'll see." For his part, Snell credited an escape from the "negativity" and the performance of his Triple-A catcher for his 17-strikeout performance on Sunday. "The guys made me feel welcome here," Snell said. "(Erik) Kratz did a tremendous job of setting up. You know, he didn't set up too early where they can see where I'm going. He mixed the pitches real well." At this point, it would be interesting to see what Snell could do as a reliever, something scouts projected him as before he ever made it to the majors.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ian Snell....who wants him????

If we can get him at the right price he would be perfect. Volquez just needed a change and he turned out okay. I have seen him pitch in person a few times and he really impressed me. Put him as a 4th or 5th guy and wow, what a rotation we'd have!

And Snell throws his major league catcher under the bus.... *beep beep*

I'd rather have him as our 5th starter than Owings, who would be a perfect long-relief/pinch hitter.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Read that he walked the first guy, then struck out the next 13 IN A ROW! Crazy...

I would have taken Snell a couple years ago but we really dont have much of a place for him in our organization. Well not a big enough of a spot that I would trade some guys for him.

What in the **** do you want to even consider this guy for? This isn't going to change anything?

For the first time in a long time, we seem to have some legitimate depth at SP so I'm not worried about our trading for a SP. Unless we make a serious run at the World Series this year, no reason to waste prospects or money on Snell.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    For the first time in a long time, we seem to have some legitimate depth at SP so I'm not worried about our trading for a SP. Unless we make a serious run at the World Series this year, no reason to waste prospects or money on Snell.
    I totally Agree... The only Pitcher this team needs to be Trading for is Jake Peavy... The Padres are going nowhere... Jake is on the market and Yes, we have the prospects to Trade...

Sizemore and Peavy and this team can win the Central!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I totally Agree... The only Pitcher this team needs to be Trading for is Jake Peavy... The Padres are going nowhere... Jake is on the market and Yes, we have the prospects to Trade...

Sizemore and Peavy and this team can win the Central!
    A leadoff hitter should be our #1 priority for the trading deadline and the off-season. We may have the best and cheapest guy in the organization to fill that role right now, but IMO, that's our #1 priority on this ball club.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    A leadoff hitter should be our #1 priority for the trading deadline and the off-season. We may have the best and cheapest guy in the organization to fill that role right now, but IMO, that's our #1 priority on this ball club.
    But who would be a target for Lead Off? Not too many names worth trading prospects for out there... I thought Sizemore would be a good addition...

Peavy would put this Rotation at the Top in the Majors...

Remind me. Why would cleveland trade their best player again?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    Remind me. Why would cleveland trade their best player again?
    C.C. Sabethia...

Traded for DeRosa this offseason, already traded him...

If we traded enough Talent... Yeah... They have the worst Record in the Majors...

Ok, but I am willing to Post this... That may not even do it for them... But If we gave enough in Talent... From the Minors... I think it would be worth looking into...

Sizemore isnt going to be a FA after the season. Thats the biggest reason they traded both of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    What in the **** do you want to even consider this guy for? This isn't going to change anything?
    come on pal, you do it because the pirates would let him go for a box of popcorn. the guy is not geting any better in pittsburg....I can think of a few relievers on our team that I would like to sit in front of Ian Snell....I am sure he would fit in real nice in our pen....I would not give up nothing more than a AA starter.....and that is pushing the envolope a little far....Pirates want out of his contract. His contract is not that bad. I dont want him as a starter.

Turn Off Ads?