Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm creating a new Taveras thread and in this you will guess how long it will be...

I'm creating a new Taveras thread and in this you will guess how long it will be...

before he takes another walk.

Last walk was May 23 and 89 PA ago

Im going to say around the 150 PA mark but I'm one of his biggest haters.

Maybe this thread will fix taveras and he will take one before the nights over but lets just make a game out of it.

Mark me down for 150 PA.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm creating a new Taveras thread and in this you will guess how long it will be.

The only walk I want Taveras to take is the walk to Baker's office so he can be told that he has lost his job as the everyday CF and lead off man.

Re: I'm creating a new Taveras thread and in this you will guess how long it will be.

Willy Taveras is the Drain-O to Dusty Baker's walk philosophy. My guess is that Willy will never walk again, and will play every day because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Willy Taveras is the Drain-O to Dusty Baker's walk philosophy. My guess is that Willy will never walk again, and will play every day because of it.
    You know how when a big, strong, dangerous hitter walks to the plate, and you see pitchers really afraid to throw them a strike? Taveras is the opposite. When he comes to the plate, the pitcher should probably be fined if he DOESN'T throw a strike. Any kind a strike. Right down the middle, at the belt...it's fine.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    You know how when a big, strong, dangerous hitter walks to the plate, and you see pitchers really afraid to throw them a strike? Taveras is the opposite. When he comes to the plate, the pitcher should probably be fined if he DOESN'T throw a strike. Any kind a strike. Right down the middle, at the belt...it's fine.
    Agreed. Pitchers have figured out he's about as dangerous as wet Kleenex at the plate. He's been fed strike after strike. W/O the few bunt hits lately he'd be near the Mendoza Line. It's not gonna change unless he develops some kinda pop. I wonder if there is a less feared hitter in th NL. He went the ENTIRE month of June W/O a walk. I'd like to know how many 3 ball counts he saw in June. Mark me down with no walks til after the All Star Break.
    Last edited by nemesis; 07-01-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Come on guys play along in my game!

Put me down for 125 PA's
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

If he stays in the leadoff spot, he will not walk again this season. The only way I see him walking is intentionally, and that would require him being put in the 8 hole.

I guess I will optomistically say he will walk in 165 PAs. But I honestly do not see him walking unless it is intentionally somehow. He has no plate discipline and pitchers throw him strike after strike after strike because he has no ability to him whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

The anti-clogger will go 208 at bats without a walk, breaking the major league record of 207 set by Alex Sanchez.

He will never walk again.

walk? Whats that? my guess short of him being "demoted" to the 8 hole or benched never again. Cause you know Duhhhsty wants his players to be "Hitters" and not "clog the bases".
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

When is hell scheduled to freeze over again?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Willy T has now not walked in 97 PA.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

60 more
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Turn Off Ads?