Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
Agreed on both counts, but Wilson sure does seem to like hitting in Cincinnati.

Any SS that tickle your trade bone, M2? Do you like Wood or is he a 3B in disguise? Do you like the idea of dealing for a last-year contract or would you be willing to pay pretty big (in terms of prospects) for someone like (my personal favorite) Stephen Drew?

Or do you think Jocketty should save his trading bullets and hold the course?
I thought Wood was the right target back in April and I still do. Mind you, that's not the sort of deal that makes folks think the team is chasing after October glory (even if it might be more effective than some supposedly high profile moves).

If the Reds really wanted to go for it, I suppose a deal that involves a RH OF bat and a 3B or SS would be the thing for which they'd conserve their bullets, but I doubt the Reds would be willing to fire those bullets. I'm guessing a Bailey/Stubbs/Watson package could tempt some teams and put the Reds in a position to challenge in a division where no one's taking charge, but I expect the Reds will be sellers rather than buyers.

Which brings me back to Wood. A veteran arm (starter or reliever) might land him.