Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Reds should make a play for Jack Wilson

Re: The Reds should make a play for Jack Wilson

Jack Wilson would be a horrible addition to this team. We've got enough out machines as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why do we always want to go next door and root through the neighbor's garbage trying to find something useful?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Why do we always want to go next door and root through the neighbor's garbage trying to find something useful?

Grass is always greener...
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Grass is always greener...
    Even in Pittsburgh, apparently.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Well, Pittsburgh was a decent enough destination to make trades with for the Braves & Yankees. Can't be all bad (at least if it's not Jack Wilson lol)
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post

I think that if a certain speedy CF who plays for the Reds played for another team, even some of his current detractors would be in favor of trading for him.

I think that if a certain speedy CF who plays for the Reds played for another team, even some of his current detractors would be in favor of trading for him.
    No.

We.

Wouldn't.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Hopefully TRF and I aren't at the top of this list!

But you are right in general, somehow being a crappy player on another team does have more mystery than being a crappy player on your team.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    He is NOT happy in Pittsburgh right now. He'd be a good option for Cincinnati right now.

I guess if you could trade JHj and Willy for him, then released him it would be a good fit.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Only if Darnell McDonald were the alternative and Dusty was forced to using him in the 8th (or sometimes 9th) hole.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Only if Darnell McDonald were the alternative and Dusty was forced to using him in the 8th (or sometimes 9th) hole.

See.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

See.
    A bit of sarcasm there...
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

If the Reds make a "big" July deal, Jack Wilson strikes me as exactly the sort of player they'd get. Then you'd get a lot of chatter about what a smart baseball move it was while Wilson posted mediocre-to-poor numbers and the team continued to sag farther below the .500 mark.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Jack Wilson is what he is-in the aggregate (considering both his defensive and offensive value) he's a 31 year old, league-average player making $7.25M this year and $8.4M next year to play a premium position.

A major league average player at a premium position has significant value and he's actually an upgrade for the Reds at shortstop-believe that or not. But gosh, you'd hope the Reds FO could be more creative.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If the Reds make a "big" July deal, Jack Wilson strikes me as exactly the sort of player they'd get. Then you'd get a lot of chatter about what a smart baseball move it was while Wilson posted mediocre-to-poor numbers and the team continued to sag farther below the .500 mark.

Agreed on both counts, but Wilson sure does seem to like hitting in Cincinnati.

Any SS that tickle your trade bone, M2? Do you like Wood or is he a 3B in disguise? Do you like the idea of dealing for a last-year contract or would you be willing to pay pretty big (in terms of prospects) for someone like (my personal favorite) Stephen Drew?

Or do you think Jocketty should save his trading bullets and hold the course?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Turn Off Ads?