Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karl Malden r.i.p.

Re: Karl Malden r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I liked him as an actor a lot. A nose the size of a '56 Buick.

97 years is a good life. Godspeed and RIP
    97 eh? That means he was like 40 when he did his work with Brando in the 50's

What a life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    It hasn't. They still show it occassionaly in SF. Great theme music though.
    My buddy who was moving out there (where I was) said he psyched himself up by watching it daily.. 3 weeks after arriving he moved back to Cincinnati.

From E! Online:

Last month, at his own AFI tribute (to which Malden contributed a video salute), Douglas hailed the man he called "my true mentor."

"It was Karl more than anyone who got me to understand that an actor is just one part of a whole team that makes a TV series or a movie work. And thanks to him, I learned about the dichotomy of standing alone in a craft where one must collaborate.

"For 104 episodes of Streets of San Francisco Karl Malden was a caring, thorough and generous teacher who i can never repay for all he has done for me...And Karl know this—you taught your adopted son well."

And in a statement today, Douglas called Malden "a great actor, father and husband," adding, "I admired and loved him deeply."
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

70's cop show themes rock!

Mannix and his 1971 Cuda was my favorite.

I like KM in the Hitch movie with Monty Clift. Monty was my favorite actor.

He was very good in that TV movie with gary Morse. The one about the doctor who killed his wife an 2 kids. KM was the type of actor you had to study to know what it was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    70's cop show themes rock!

Mannix and his 1971 Cuda was my favorite.

I like KM in the Hitch movie with Monty Clift. Monty was my favorite actor.

He was very good in that TV movie with gary Morse. The one about the doctor who killed his wife an 2 kids. KM was the type of actor you had to study to know what it was about.
    Remember the voice saying "A Quinn Martin production"

Where are those Quinn Martin shows now?

Karl Malden also played a nice supporting role in "The Cincinnati Kid"

just something to ponder:

How many surgeries would Michael Jackson have had if he was born with Karl Malden's nose?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I saw an interview with him once regarding Streetcar, and he talked about how Brando stole a scene during what was Malden's line by walking in front of him and scratching his back to draw attention to himself.

Most actors would hate an act like that, but Malden embraced it, and talked about how the viewer couldn't take his or eyes off of him and he understood that because he couldn't either.

Simply wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I saw an interview with him once regarding Streetcar, and he talked about how Brando stole a scene during what was Malden's line by walking in front of him and scratching his back to draw attention to himself.

Most actors would hate an act like that, but Malden embraced it, and talked about how the viewer couldn't take his or eyes off of him and he understood that because he couldn't either.

Simply wonderful.
    I remember watching a program that said Yul Brynner didn't get along with Steve McQueen while filming "The Magnificent Seven" for a similar reason. Although McQueen didn't have many lines in the film, in most of his scenes with Brynner, McQueen was always fiddling with his hat or doing something to cause a viewer to look at him rather than Brynner.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My buddy who was moving out there (where I was) said he psyched himself up by watching it daily.. 3 weeks after arriving he moved back to Cincinnati.
    At least he gave it a chance.

Clift did that to Wayne in "Red River"....then he saw the daily's and said "The kid may be a punk...but he sure is a damn good actor." Or something to that effect.

Turn Off Ads?