Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone Surprised?

Anyone Surprised?

Dusty bringing in Weathers to face Pujols with the bases loaded.....did anyone really expect anything less than a grandslam? Pujols destroys Weathers even more so than everyone else.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone Surprised?

not surprised one bit, I hate this team

I am surprised he got anything to hit there. Big mistake.

I'm not surprised. I had a bad feeling once took Bailey out. 7 innings pitched, one hit. Apparently that kind of night doesn't afford you any leeway other than a couple runners being on.

Most have disagreed with me about that and said Baker should have took Bailey out in the bottom of the 7th with him leading off. Okay, thats fine, I'll agree to disagree. I think a guy who has pitched a 1 hitter through 7 innings should be allowed to keep going.

But since he had enough confidence in him to let him bat for himself and keep going in the 8th, why are you pulling him after a couple of runners are on? The same guy you let bat in the 7th because of a 1 hitter, you completely lose confidence over after TWO runners? That's not runs, thats RUNNERS. Oh, and with an out BTW.

So yeah, I think it was completely stupid to take him out. I don't agree with the people who said pinch hit in the 7th, but its gotta be one way or another. You either have confidence in him to finish the 8th, or you don't. You can't go halfway, and thats exactly what Baker did.

i would have intentionally walked Pujols 99 times out of 100 in that situation. AT LEAST pitch around him and hope he pops up or something (which he would probably never do, but that's why i would intentionally walk him)

how in the world do you give him an 85 mph juicer right down broadway??? this team chokes anytime they can sniff first place. we could be right there near the top of the division, now we are probably going to get swept and be 6 games out

Homer should have never even started the 8th. If Weathers starts the 8th he probl does not even face Albert. Dusty with yet another wonderful management decision.

Either way you look at it it was a stupid decision by dusty, if he is bringing him in for the 8th keep him in until he gets in SERIOUS trouble which he was not in. And in no way should you have weathers pitching to pujols with the bases loaded, i still think he should have been walked but if you were really hell-bent on pitching to him bring in Masset.
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

topsyt

So to sum it - We got dusted by Dusty!

Lets not forget Arthur Rhodes who walked Hoffpauer on 4 pitches to load the bases up, and bring the go ahead run to the plate in the form of Albert Pujols.

It was extremely aggravating. We have a brutal July schedule. We gotta win these games in which we have late inning leads. A loss like this could come back to really bite us. A win last night, and we make serious strides. Now, we could still come back and take 2 out of 3, but in this division, with how bunched up it is (even the Pirates are still involved), each and every game is going to be crucial.

Turn Off Ads?