Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Former Titans QB Steve McNair dead

Re: Former Titans QB Steve McNair dead

sad. 4 kids lost their dad because he was only thinking about one person.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Steve McNair was my favorite football player ever and it has truly been a sad weekend for me. McNair was the toughest guy I have ever witnessed in sports. He gave everything he had and left it all on the field every time he went out there. I'll remember him for all the joy he gave me every Sunday afternoon for many years. My heart goes out to his family and many friends and former teammates. He was loved in this part of the country by a lot of people. He was the first real football hero in the mid-South. He did a lot on the field and even more, for a lot of folks, off the field.

It's very unfortunate regarding the circumstances of his death. I truly hope everyone realizes that people make mistakes. No matter, he did not deserve to die as he served as a great inspiration to many many people in Nashville and all over this area.

It's a sad time for Titans fans.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    McNair found his Fatal Attraction. Its such a shame these guys will throw away what probably was a good marriage and family and a lifetime of happiness for a fling with another woman. The real tragedy is the family that is left behind and what they will have to deal with.
    Agreed. All of the glowing accounts of McNair have been nice, but are they necessary? I suspect his wife doesn't feel like browsing through them right now. She was busy at home raising four kids, while he was busy running the countryside with a 20 year old psychopath.

He didn't deserve to die. His death is still sad. But painting him as a hero after his tragic death just doesn't sit well with me.

I am not buying the murder/suicide yet.

Rather unusual circumstances. a distraught 20 year old female shoots a seated Mcnair with 4 accurate shots(didn't miss) and then saves a bullet for herself. Highly unusual for a female to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Agreed. All of the glowing accounts of McNair have been nice, but are they necessary? I suspect his wife doesn't feel like browsing through them right now. She was busy at home raising four kids, while he was busy running the countryside with a 20 year old psychopath.

He didn't deserve to die. His death is still sad. But painting him as a hero after his tragic death just doesn't sit well with me.
    He was a hero to a lot of people. It's not painting him as something he wasn't. Steve McNair meant a lot to many people. Focusing on his private life after his death is a little cruel IMO. I'm biased because I basically watched him overcome so much while with the Titans. His life after football, the private part, should not be how he is remembered. No matter what mistakes he made, he did a whole lot of good.

Such as society today with the tabloid media, we focus on the negative from someone who has done so many positives.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    He was a hero to a lot of people. It's not painting him as something he wasn't. Steve McNair meant a lot to many people. Focusing on his private life after his death is a little cruel IMO. I'm biased because I basically watched him overcome so much while with the Titans. His life after football, the private part, should not be how he is remembered. No matter what mistakes he made, he did a whole lot of good.

Such as society today with the tabloid media, we focus on the negative from someone who has done so many positives.
    Its a shame that so many athletes are held up as heroes in America. McNair was a good football player who was tough as nails. He played hard every Sunday and I guess you can say that is admirable. He had a skill that very few in the world possess which enabled him to play football for a living. But IMO he is not a hero. Hero's to me are the fathers and mothers who go to work everyday when they don't feel good. They bypass their time in order to make their family happy. A hero to me is a father of 4 who goes to work while undergoing cancer treatments because that is what is best for his family.

McNair wasn't a hero to me nor, from the sound of it, was he a good husband or father. While in no means did he deserve to die for any of his transgressions, we just can't act as if they didn't happen.

A twist in the tale?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Steve McNair’s(notes) 20-year-old girlfriend bought a gun a couple of days before she was found dead alongside the slain former NFL quarterback, her relative said Monday.
    Farzin Abdi said police told him about the gun purchase by his aunt Sahel Kazemi, who was raised with him like a sister. Kazemi and McNair were found dead on Saturday in a Nashville condominium leased by the former Titans star.

Abdi said police told him they are almost sure Kazemi was the shooter, but the 27-year-old nephew said he doesn’t believe she would do it. Abdi didn’t know what day of the week the gun was purchased or what type of gun it was.

“There was no way she was depressed and wanting to do this,” he said. “She was so happy. … She just had it made, you know, (with) this guy taking care of everything.”

Nashville police didn’t immediately have a response to Abdi’s comments.

Abdi said Kazemi believed McNair was divorcing his wife and she was preparing to sell her furniture to move in with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its a shame that so many athletes are held up as heroes in America. McNair was a good football player who was tough as nails. He played hard every Sunday and I guess you can say that is admirable. He had a skill that very few in the world possess which enabled him to play football for a living. But IMO he is not a hero. Hero's to me are the fathers and mothers who go to work everyday when they don't feel good. They bypass their time in order to make their family happy. A hero to me is a father of 4 who goes to work while undergoing cancer treatments because that is what is best for his family.

McNair wasn't a hero to me nor, from the sound of it, was he a good husband or father. While in no means did he deserve to die for any of his transgressions, we just can't act as if they didn't happen.
    narcissism is rampant in this day. A lot of people don't really care about how their actions might impact anyone other than themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Sounds like she possibly found out that he had no intention of divorcing his wife and moving in with her. Just the way it looks to me. To me that's not really a twist it's more of a confirmation of what everyone has thought all along.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

“There was no way she was depressed and wanting to do this,” he said. “She was so happy. … She just had it made, you know, (with) this guy taking care of everything.”
    Uhh, would she still be "so happy" and feel like "she had it made" if McNair broke it off and decided to no longer take care of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Sounds like she possibly found out that he had no intention of divorcing his wife and moving in with her. Just the way it looks to me. To me that's not really a twist it's more of a confirmation of what everyone has thought all along.
    Just so we are clear, why would a former NFL quarterback, who probably has more money set back in retirement than many of us have in our savings and checking accounts combined, sell his house and move in with a girl that he is having an affair with? I could be wrong, if this girl made more money than McNair.

Girl smells kinda fruit loops to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post

I can understand your emotions right now, and I respect them. It's just really disappointing to me. I think McNair was different than all the rest, and I was wrong. I'm not saying he didn't have a good heart. I'm not saying he was a bad father to his children.

But he was irresponsible, and it eventually led to his untimely death. If athletes spent more time not being jackasses, fewer of them would die. That's the sad, but awful, truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I would say McNair went to work every day and did not feel good, but to say that the only admirable thing he did was play football is not reality. He spent thousands and thousands of dollars on taking care of those who needed it. He spent thousands on football camps for children. By all accounts, he was a good father and husband until this unfortunate transgression. He donated a ton of money and time to various causes. So, to say, that he should not be a role model to those that he helped is not reality either.

He was not a "hero" to me, but he was to a lot of people. He was a part of the fabric of Nashville, TN. He made a large mistake, but it was not his fault that he was killed. The fault lies with the one who pulled the trigger. I am not convinced that this 20 year old girl did it, but stranger things have happened. We do not know all the circumstances surrounding his marriage or his children. To pretend otherwise is a mistake. I'm not saying to complete overlook the mistake, but to base an opinion of Steve McNair's life on one mistake is wrong.

Thank God Steves Gone

If that were Michael Jordan, what would people say then? I mean hes the most beloved athlete to ever play any sport in my era (along with Tiger) and he had a publicized divorce with Juanita because he had been cheating numerous times and dished out millions of dollars in hush money.. We seem to forget that.. To denounce what Steve McNair has done as a person because he was unfaithful is wrong.. Noone knows how the family is at home.. Take my family for instance, my dad and mom have been married for a long time, yet my dad hasnt slept in the sdame bedroom as my mother in probably 5 years.. They finally split about 6 months ago.. Still arent divorced but my father is currently seeing another women.. Is that wrong?? Im not for sure.. Maybe him and his wife have had rocky times together.. Doesnt make him a bad guy.. Steve McNair was one of the classiest people to ever play the game of football.. I always remember the story of how and why he bought the house that he did for his mother.. To me, this is a more tragic death than Jacko's death, by far..

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Just so we are clear, why would a former NFL quarterback, who probably has more money set back in retirement than many of us have in our savings and checking accounts combined, sell his house and move in with a girl that he is having an affair with? I could be wrong, if this girl made more money than McNair.

Girl smells kinda fruit loops to me.
    It was written poorly, but I think it was the other way around.

She believed he was going to marry her, so she was selling all of her furniture to move in with him.

Turn Off Ads?