Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rafael Palmeiro continues to deny knowingly using PEDs

Rafael Palmeiro continues to deny knowingly using PEDs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rafael Palmeiro continues to deny knowingly using PEDs

LOL. Thanks for the comedy. This guy really needs to just shut up.
    The more he denies, the more foolish he looks.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I'm still confused as to why most of the steriod guys are pariahs, and Manny is beloved.

Fox, ESPN and I'm sure other networks chronicled his return to the Dodgers like a returning war hero.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I'm still confused as to why most of the steriod guys are pariahs, and Manny is beloved.

Fox, ESPN and I'm sure other networks chronicled his return to the Dodgers like a returning war hero.
    because Manny is likely the most popular baseball player on the planet. It's all about ratings.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

To their credit, guys on MLB Network were pretty critical of that perspective. Mitch Williams and Joe Magrane were, at least. They also commented that the least Manny could do was take his shades off and not have his agent by his side during his "mea culpa" press conference.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Manny has always been media friendly. For whatever reason that seems to set him apart. I wonder if Barry Bonds had Manny's personality if he would be viewed differently? I think he would be.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

...and I will continue to not believe a word he says.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    ...and I will continue to not believe a word he says.
    yep
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I think one reason is Manny was caught and paid his price. I suppose the same can be said for Palmeiro too but he was pretty much just suspended at the end of his career.

Hopefully, the Manny treatment is the responsible treatment that athletes in all other sports get.
    "Oh look Shawn Merriman is back from his 4 game suspension, that will help the Chargers. In other news, the world mourned as A-Rod was proven to be a dispicable lousy lying S.O.B. who ripped my child's heart out."

Turn Off Ads?