Turn Off Ads?

Thread: In-Depth Votto Story

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

In-Depth Votto Story

This really is a must read in my opinion.

DDN

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: In-Depth Votto Story

It's a great story of family, friends with some insight to off the field baseball life we don't normally get to hear or see.

good story, that family is actually awesome and all around full of nice people. i didn't know them all too well but my friend used to hang out with the younger daugther and I went over there just once to hang out with them. Their mom treated me like family within moments of walking through the door. This was the perfect place for Joey in my opinion.

Great article!

Major props to this family and to the Reds' leadership for how they handled this with Joey.

I was very impressed with this:

“But Mr. Castellini (Reds owner Bob Castellini) called him up and said, ‘Joey, you do whatever you have to do to get better and you do it at your pace.’

“I didn’t know anything about the Reds organization, but I thought to myself, ‘Now that’s class.’ They did everything from the top on down to help. They had two psychologists right here at our house with him. They showed true concern for Joey.”

Votto = MVP

Incredible story. I'm glad Joey has this kind of support from the organization and a local family that he can go to when he needs help. Dealing with the death of a parent is something I can't even imagine. I'm glad our best player and leader for years to come is a very humble human being and isn't the type of guy that is too good for the city he plays in.

On a side note, any guesses who the player was that broke all three of their house rules??
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Turn Off Ads?