Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Cueto an All Star?

Is Cueto an All Star?

A lot of talk about Votto being the Reds representative in the AS game but I think everyone is overlooking Mr. Cueto. He has been lights out this season. 4th in the NL in ERA and WHIP. Cueto has an ERA+ of 165. So, should Cueto be the Reds representative in the AS Game ? I say yes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Cueto an All Star?

How could he not be?

Also how can Cordero not be as well.

cueto makes it for sure, probably should even start the game but wont, and Cordero has a pretty good shot as well.

Cordero will probably be a numbers game. Really depends on how many pitchers the NL takes and how many dodgers they try to shoe horn in.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Votto = MVP

If Cueto played for a NY or LA or someone like that, he'd be starting. But since he's in a mid-market team, I have a feeling he'll either be overlooked or be added to the roster with the chance of not pitching more than an inning or so. I'd like to see him on the All-Star team, but I'd be fine with him not throwing more than 15-20 pitches if he does.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

cueto didnt make it but Cordero did.

What a joke

I'd like to see head to head numbers of Cueto vs. Johan Santana (who's below average season so far got him on the team) this year
    2010 Attendance Record: 7-4
    2009 Attendance Record: 14-16

Stop! Homer time!!

Yes.

Cueto is not an All-Star. He's close, but you could make a case for a dozen starting pitchers in the NL this season that have done better or as well. That doesn't include the relievers.

His blowups against the 3 American League clubs made it a lock that he wouldn't be pitching in the All-Star game this season.

I'd pick Masset and Votto, and I'd have to look at the 'bubble" players while considering Phillips and Cueto.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-05-2009 at 06:16 PM.

But, if you are going to pick a REDS pitcher to be in the All-Star game, it should be Cueto and not Cordero.

Reds have a strong case to have 3 all stars. of the three 2 of them should have been no brainers.

the whole all star selection system is whacked out. josh hamilton is the starting CF for the AL. he's played in only 35 games and is batting .240! either the fans are unintelligent or MLB needs to do something about this

I'm very happy that Cordero is our only All Star. I don't like it when starters make the All Star team, it messes with their rhythm. Cordero is used to coming in for one inning, so his appearance is nothing out of the ordinary for him.

I like it when our guys get some time off.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cueto is not an All-Star. He's close, but you could make a case for a dozen starting pitchers in the NL this season that have done better or as well. That doesn't include the relievers.

His blowups against the 3 American League clubs made it a lock that he wouldn't be pitching in the All-Star game this season.

I'd pick Masset and Votto, and I'd have to look at the 'bubble" players while considering Phillips and Cueto.
    Who are these 12 starters who are as good or better than Cueto this season?

I don't think he is an all star now...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Even with his bad game hes still better than a handful of the selections.

Turn Off Ads?