Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Cardinals - 7/5/09

Re: Reds vs. Cardinals - 7/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The throw to home was the result of being completely off balance. I guess his footwork could be criticized.
    It's quite simple IMO. Just watch how Rosales did it.

A third baseman needs to set his feet before he throws. If he throws off balance, the throw will likely be errant.

It's easy on the easy plays. But when the play will be close, a third baseman still has to set his feet. Or he will throw wild. He can rush the play, ok, but he still has to set up or it will go wild.

Rosales, as an example, would always set up before a throw. His throws were true. Even on the close plays.

When rushed, EE's instinct is just to throw. He doesn't tend to take the extra time to set his feet. He gets the throw off quickly, butis off balance and it doesn't go straight. That's how I see it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Three lefties waiting for the Reds in Philly, Hamels on Monday, Happ on Tuesday (ERA at 2.96 for the rookie) and Moyer on Thursday.

Ludwick grounds to SS.

Roenicke gets it done, and then some.

Wow.

8-0 Cards middle of six, but there's the good news from today. What Roenicke just did.

Nicely done by Roenicke.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    It's quite simple IMO. Just watch how Rosales did it.

A third baseman needs to set his feet before he throws. If he throws off balance, the throw will likely be errant.

It's easy on the easy plays. But when the play will be close, a third baseman still has to set his feet. Or he will throw wild. He can rush the play, ok, but he still has to set up or it will go wild.

Rosales, as an example, would always set up before a throw. His throws were true. Even on the close plays.

When rushed, EE's instinct is just to throw. He doesn't tend to take the extra time to set his feet. He gets the throw off quickly, butis off balance and it doesn't go straight. That's how I see it.
    Excellent viewpoint. It seems like EE just doesn't keep his composure and loses his focus on the close plays. But even early in this game he had a routine play with plenty of time to make a quality throw and lazily tossed one off the bag that Votto had to apply the tag with. I am convinced that it is 99% mental when it comes to his errors, because physically he can get to balls that nobody else would sniff.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Forgvie me for my George Grande momemt

But anyone see the shot of Pujols in the dugout after that last A/B?

Even with the way this guy has been perfroming this year (totally unreal), he was very upset over what he did in that A/B, even with his team up 8-0.

What a competitive spirit. I wish we'd see that more consistently out of some of these Reds players.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Bottom of the 6th, quest for the improbable 9-run comeback win commences anew.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Forgvie me for my George Grande momemt

But anyone see the shot of Pujols in the dugout after that last A/B?

Even with the way this guy has been perfroming this year (totally unreal), he was very upset over what he did in that A/B, even with his team up 8-0.

What a competitive spirit. I wish we'd see that more [b]consistently[/b[ out of some of these Reds players.
    Pujols is the perfect baseball player.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sutton flies to deep CF.

One down.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Pujols is the perfect baseball player.
    I agree.

When I was at yesterday's game I compared Votto to Pujols simply because of how valuable Votto has been to the Reds this year.... and some Card fans sitting behind me agreed. They think Votto is something special.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Dickerson grounds out to 1b, quest for the improbable 9-run comeback not going well here in the 6th.

Willy T grounds out.

8-0 Cards after six innings.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Three lefties waiting for the Reds in Philly, Hamels on Monday, Happ on Tuesday (ERA at 2.96 for the rookie) and Moyer on Thursday.
    I think I'd try Sutton at SS and put Hairston and Gomes in there for Dickerson and Bruce. Bruce shouldn't play against lefty pitching at this point unless the Reds wave the white flag and start unloading guys. Hard to imagine that I'd play Willy over those two, but this is exactly why the Reds need a RH bat for the OF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I will say this...Matt Maloney gave the team a fighting chance to win in the starts he got. Just sayin'...

lead off hit for ankiel to start the 7th.

Molina hits into a DP on the first pitch he sees. Two outs quickly.

Cards swinging like they want to be on the plane already.

Thurston up.

Turn Off Ads?