Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce 2nd?

Bruce 2nd?

Why not bat Bruce 2nd in front of Votto...I know 2 lefties in a row...but Votto hits both RHP and LHP very well. Bruce would more than likely see better pitches and could be more patient. I think hitting him so low in the order, teams don't have to pitch to him. It makes more sense to me than watching JHJ or WT hitting second.

1. Dickerson/ WT
    2. Bruce
    3. Votto
    4. Phillips
    5. Nix/ Gomes
    6. Hanigan/ Hernandez
    7. EE
    8. Pitcher
    9. JHJ/ Janish.....more RBI potential for Bruce/Votto...it works for STL/MIL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce 2nd?

Bakermetrics states that every lefty struggles against lefties. Bakermetrics also states that 2 lefties in a row is bad because of the previously stated metric.

I don't think it's going to matter where Bruce hits in the line-up. The book on him is already written pitchers will continue to throw to that scouting report until he proves he can first recognize an OFF-SPEED anything and it's location, then if he will ever be able to hit it along with not trying to jerk everything out of the park.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Bakermetrics states that every lefty struggles against lefties. Bakermetrics also states that 2 lefties in a row is bad because of the previously stated metric.
    Another Bakermetric revelant to this topic:

Shortstop hits 2nd, dude.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

yeah, didn't bruce do pretty well last year in the 2nd spot? i was wondering why he hasn't been batting 2nd this year

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Another Bakermetric revelant to this topic:

Shortstop hits 2nd, dude.
    So if you play Bruce at shortstop then would Baker bat him second? He probably would be just as good as Hairston at SS.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    So if you play Bruce at shortstop then would Baker bat him second? He probably would be just as good as Hairston at SS.
    Yeah. According to Bakermetrics, if he's playing SS, he hits 2nd. I don't know of any corrolaries that would prevent him from hitting 2nd simply because Bruce is not a natural SS.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I can't believe no one has mentioned "because you don't bat a .216 hitter in the 2 hole.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I can't believe no one has mentioned "because you don't bat a .216 hitter in the 2 hole.
    Dusty does.But your right even though Bruce would be a better option then Gonzo and not much worse then Taveras or Hairson.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Dusty does.But your right even though Bruce would be a better option then Gonzo and not much worse then Taveras or Hairson.
    As bad as Taveras is, he's still hitting 25 points higher than Jay, but 100 points worse in bad luck department.

I'm not sure but I believe Bruce's obp is high then Willy T. but I'm not looking.None of them should bat any higher then 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    As bad as Taveras is, he's still hitting 25 points higher than Jay, but 100 points worse in bad luck department.
    and 20 points less of OBP and 160 points less in slugging. Those 2 stats im sure you are able to understand.

I've advocated having either Votto or Phillips hitting second, with the other hitting third. That way, they get more at bats, and both bat in the first inning. You know, your two best hitters hitting more often. Yeah, it would be beyond Dusty.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Id think about batting edwin 2nd actually. Dusty already stated that he likes to have a guy struggling hitting in front of votto, just going off what he did with Gonzo, and now Taveras I think it makes perfect sense in Dusty world. Lets see if he does it..

Dusty already stated that he likes to have a guy struggling hitting in front of votto.
    Because you want to have as few baserunners as possible on when your team's best hitter comes to the plate. Good thinking.

Turn Off Ads?