Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night's loss

Last night's loss

No one wants to harp on the negative, but I saw this on L. McAllister's blog and couldnt believe it:

The Reds have played 19,427 games in franchise history.
    They have compiled a record of: 9,786-9,505 .507
    Last night's 22-1 loss was the worst in franchise history

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Last night's loss

How about we fire Dusty and see how we do after that! It is definitely worth a shot!

Did any Phillies hitter get dusted last night? It seems like this team is very afraid to brush hitters back.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    Did any Phillies hitter get dusted last night? It seems like this team is very afraid to brush hitters back.
    i think masset might have thrown one inside if not mistaken

Hal McCoy was saying something interesting, I'll paraphrase. Cueto was a little mad about not being on the All Star team, and/or not picked by the NL coach Charlie Manuel. In his chance to show Charlie what he passed up, he laid a big egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharb74 View Post
    Hal McCoy was saying something interesting, I'll paraphrase. Cueto was a little mad about not being on the All Star team, and/or not picked by the NL coach Charlie Manuel. In his chance to show Charlie what he passed up, he laid a big egg.

That'll show him !!!

Whether 22-1 or 1-0, it's 1 loss. We're 40-41, not 40-60.

Everyone just get over it...I'm already over it. The season isn't over yet...

The sad thing is that was game one of the series.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

The Reds are on pace to get outscored 88-4 by the Phillies this week...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

A game like this happens to everyone. Reds will get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyman View Post
    Yeah but two games in a row??

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    That'll show him !!!

That was pathetic and cueto should be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    Whether 22-1 or 1-0, it's 1 loss. We're 40-41, not 40-60.

Everyone just get over it...I'm already over it. The season isn't over yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyman View Post

These guys are right. It's a loss (an historic loss), but it's just one. It appears the same in the standings as a 6-3 loss. We beat the Phillies 20-3 ten years ago, and they got over it. We will too.

The Reds recovered from a far more heartbreaking loss than this one on Friday night, and came back to win the next day.

I don't think it's time to hit the panic button just yet...........

Certainly the last couple of games have been discouraging, but the Red's are bound to lose at least 60 games, no matter what. So, what if a few are real disasters? They can have their own distinctive entertaining aspects.

As a kid I always enjoyed the really horrible blowouts where things got so out of hand one team pitched a position player. It is pretty rare, so I've always enjoyed the novelty of it. Last night when I turned on the game and saw Janish on the mound I actually got excited to see him give it another go. He wasn't any good, but it was more entertaining than the 10-1 beating the Cards administered on Sunday.

After last nigh the Reds are 14-18 since the beginning of June.I could easily see us only winning 2 out of the next 6 against the Phillies and Mets heading into the break making us 16-22 since the end of May,5 games under .500 and probably about 5 games behind the leader in the central.I suppose if things do end up playing out that way we would still have a ray of hope but any confidence in this team would be just about gone.We have seen things play out just like this many times before.

Sorry but I've hit the panic button.

Turn Off Ads?