Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since the Arizona Diamondbacks traded T. Pena,, Is Reynolds possibly available??

Since the Arizona Diamondbacks traded T. Pena,, Is Reynolds possibly available??

Saw they traded Pena, and I wondered if Reynolds is available? Maybe the Reds could offer a deal including either Frazier OR Francisco for him??

Travis Wood, Frazier/OR Francisco (or Edwin if they would take him) and another low level prospect for him?
    He would be the perfect protection for Votto!!

Just Curious

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Since the Arizona Diamondbacks traded T. Pena,, Is Reynolds possibly available??

Leads the NL in K's. Marty would love him.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Since the Arizona Diamondbacks traded T. Pena,, Is Reynolds possibly available??

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Leads the NL in K's. Marty would love him.
    It would be interesting to follow EE to see if his new team's fanbase continues to underappreciate him as well.

And Marty would love Dunn @ 3B.

He's a second year player making a bit over 400K. There is no possible way he is available for anything close to what you proposed. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Saw they traded Pena, and I wondered if Reynolds is available? Maybe the Reds could offer a deal including either Frazier OR Francisco for him??

Travis Wood, Frazier/OR Francisco (or Edwin if they would take him) and another low level prospect for him?
    He would be the perfect protection for Votto!!

Just Curious
    Arizona probably likes Reynolds more than they like the above scenario.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Why would the Diamondbacks do that? It doesn't make them either better or cheaper and they give up the best player in the deal.
    I guess you could offer the mets that same deal for David Wright and see how many takers you get?
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I would love to see the Reds acquire Reynolds. His bat would look nice sandwiched between Joey Votto and Jay Bruce.

he set the strikeout record last year and is on pace to smash it this year ... not the Reds type.

I don't know if I could handle a guy that strikes out in more than a third of his plate appearances. Of course, he's definitely one of your three true outcomes kind of guy.

He's intriguing though. His power and speed combination is impressive. I think he's actually got a chance to become a more complete hitter with seasoning. That said, the Diamondbacks almost assuredly have no intentions of trading him and if they were receptive to the idea, it would take more than the Reds should throw at them to get it done.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    It would be interesting to follow EE to see if his new team's fanbase continues to overappreciate him as well.
    Slight edit to reflect my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he set the strikeout record last year and is on pace to smash it this year ... not the Reds type.

He's already up to 114 K's before the all-star break.
    Last year he had 204 K's and 34 errors.

WOw i guess i should have looked harder at his stats then just the homers and RBI's he has.. he isnt the answer. sorry for thinking he might be

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

WOw i guess i should have looked harder at his stats then just the homers and RBI's he has.. he isnt the answer. sorry for thinking he might be
    Why should strikeouts matter?

Focus on the HRs and RBIs.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having him at all. Just don't think Arizona would be willing to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Why should strikeouts matter?

Focus on the HRs and RBIs.
    For someone that strikes out 200 times in a season, with an average BABIP, that's an additional 30 hits in a season he would get by merely cutting down to 100 strikeouts. Though you might have a few double plays in there, I'm guessing that would add an additional 15 runs by just Reynolds cutting down on those K's. That's an extra win or two.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?