Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Between innings at the ballpark.... important stuff here

Between innings at the ballpark.... important stuff here

Warning: This is a very boring and pointless post (somewhat like the Reds offense without Votto).

During the game against the Cards (Bruce's Bobblehead day) , they did the normal Skyline Chili ball mix up game. Where they put the ball under something and move it around and at the end the lucky contestant tells them which cup its under. EVERYONE knew it was under #3, and then they reveal it was #1! That was the second time in a row I have been to the game and that has happened. Are they just messing with people now or is Skyline cutting costs? If instant replay has ever been needed it was then.

Now days, it seems there are always something between innings; dancing grounds keepers, kiss cam (always funny when they show 2 members of the away teams bullpen), the "gun show". I hate the car race game. Who would ever root for the blue car at a Reds game anyway? The race between Rosie, Mr. Red, and Mr. Redleg is alright for the kids I guess. But it no where near as fun as the old game where the 3 Pac-man like balls scrolled across the old scoreboard at Riverfront! We need a grassroots movement to bring that back!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Between innings at the ballpark.... important stuff here

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    Warning: This is a very boring and pointless post (somewhat like the Reds offense without Votto).

During the game against the Cards (Bruce's Bobblehead day) , they did the normal Skyline Chili ball mix up game. Where they put the ball under something and move it around and at the end the lucky contestant tells them which cup its under. EVERYONE knew it was under #3, and then they reveal it was #1! That was the second time in a row I have been to the game and that has happened. Are they just messing with people now or is Skyline cutting costs? If instant replay has ever been needed it was then.

Now days, it seems there are always something between innings; dancing grounds keepers, kiss cam (always funny when they show 2 members of the away teams bullpen), the "gun show". I hate the car race game. Who would ever root for the blue car at a Reds game anyway? The race between Rosie, Mr. Red, and Mr. Redleg is alright for the kids I guess. But it no where near as fun as the old game where the 3 Pac-man like balls scrolled across the old scoreboard at Riverfront! We need a grassroots movement to bring that back!
    Doesnt the row behind the one that got it wrong get the coneys? I dont see Skyline trying to screw people out of coneys anyways. At most they are giving away 5 bucks worth of food.

I think they should show the old version of the Reds race on the board also. I think they can show both but the old version should have never went away.

They should probably do the between-innings activities while the Reds are at-bat. Maybe it would take the fans mind off of the lack of offense.

Stat geek...and proud

They shouldn't do anything. Fenway Park doesn't need that crap.

Fenway Park has also had a competitive team the last decade.
    Is it "next season" yet?

and its not like any of their fans look at towards the feild until after the 8th inning anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    They shouldn't do anything. Fenway Park doesn't need that crap.
    And who gives a crap about Fenway?

The Red Sox can't afford between inning stuff. They spend 15x more on their team than the Reds...

In the last nearly 3 seconds of the Skyline game, it almost looks like a frame is taken out, making it much more difficult to figure out which. Almost like a hiccup. 2nd time I've been and that's happened, too.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    And who gives a crap about Fenway?
    I do. They do things the way it should be. We don't need that stupid crap at the games. It contributes nothing. Can you honestly say there's people out there who wouldn't go to the games if they didn't do the "Kiss Cam" and all that crap? People go to Fenway for the same reason I go to GABP. To watch a baseball game. The other stuff is just noise.

Well, I would say you are in the minority. I would imagine that after the third inning less than 25% of the fans would be able to tell you the score without looking at the scoreboard. I have no problem with between-innings entertainment. As far as I can tell there is no baseball going on at that time.

I thought they sang Sweet Caroline between innings at Fenway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG0rc...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I do. They do things the way it should be. We don't need that stupid crap at the games. It contributes nothing. Can you honestly say there's people out there who wouldn't go to the games if they didn't do the "Kiss Cam" and all that crap? People go to Fenway for the same reason I go to GABP. To watch a baseball game. The other stuff is just noise.
    Very well said.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Well, I would say you are in the minority. I would imagine that after the third inning less than 25% of the fans would be able to tell you the score without looking at the scoreboard.
    He said Fenway, not Wrigley.

And for what it's worth, the between innings stuff is stupid and boring but easily ignorable.

Stat geek...and proud

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me per se, but it's just not needed.

Turn Off Ads?