Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 7/8/09 Reds vs Phillies

Re: 7/8/09 Reds vs Phillies

To put a recap on the game. Another great start for Bailey. I didn't see him versus the Cards but someone has finally simplified his windup which has enabled him to throw more strikes at will.

It's a shame he couldn't get the win here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    The Big One lost its feed and missed the final out.

That never USED to happen....
    My wife chided me for saying they were a pathetic station, but I stand by my assessment. They've lost the feed a couple of times now and that really did rarely happen.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post

It's a shame he couldn't get the win here.
    He wasn't exactly going against Tim Lincecum or Matt Cain. Yet the Reds could barely muster 2 runs of offensive support? Against the Phillies, that will win you zero games.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    They still might have been able to score if Nix didn't make it easy for Utley to turn the double play.
    Not that I want to mortgage half the farm system for a Matt Holliday rental, but I will never get those posters who insist that Laynce Nix/Johnny Gomes is just as good as Matt Holliday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think I need to have a long talk with Dusty about switching Masset's and Weathers' roles in the bullpen.
    I agree, and not just because of tonight.

Weathers is best in the 6th and 7th innings. He can come in, throw strikes and hope that hitters get themselves out. He has been successful so far due to luck. That will even out as the season progresses, as we are starting to see.
    Masset has shown he has the stuff to be a set up guy, to get that tough out when needed. He can get that K or pop up when he has to. If not Cordero, I want Masset facing the teams best hitters with the game on the line, not Weathers.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Not that I want to mortgage half the farm system for a Matt Holliday rental, but I will never get those posters who insist that Laynce Nix/Johnny Gomes is just as good as Matt Holliday.
    That reminds me. Johnny had two on and one out and he let a meatball go by at 3-0. Dusty knew the lefty was facing Chris after Gomes, he should have let him swing away,

Add in the fact that then you have Nix and Gomes as your primary bench players instead of Hairston and Janish or Sutton, and getting Holiday makes even more sense.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Doubtful. Nix was dead to rights. Utley throws that ball to second and the onto 1st and they still get Bruce.
    No chance imo. Ball was hit much too slow to get Bruce going the conventional way. Nix, not unlike many others on this club, is just not a very smart player. In no way however am I blaming this loss on Nix. Putrid ab's up and down the lineup and my favorite whipping boy WilyT wasn't even in the lineup!

They've given him off days, doesn't help. He's about to go below .200. I'd almost rather have Willie up than Bruce.

I can't believe what I just read.

Turn Off Ads?