Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why "next year" is a dangerous philosophy

Why "next year" is a dangerous philosophy

I have always thought that the whole "next year it will all come together" approach is a little narrow-minded, and this article reinforced it: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11938611

Basically its an "anti-all star" roster of letdowns this season. 4 of the guys are Cubs. The writer talks about the high hopes for this Cubs team all offseason and how they have completely disappointed. I couldnt help but think that could be the Reds next year.

Its risky to say that everything will be fine if we get a bat or two in the offseason because you can never count on our pitching being as strong as it is this year. Just like the Cubs apparently couldnt count on Soriano, Soto, and Dempster being as good as they were last year. Harang could melt down again. Volquez could suffer a season ending injury. Etc.

I dont necessarily think it means we pull the trigger on a deal this season. I just think the attitude of waiting until next year (an attitude this city seems so eager to adopt) can easily backfire.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why "next year" is a dangerous philosophy

NEXT season it will always be something else with the next season attitude.

Winning requires that a team have at least a few of the following:

The best players, coaches, ownership, payroll, and luck.

The Reds have none of these. They spend right around the middle of the pack and that is exactly where they always end up.

Re: Why "next year" is a dangerous philosophy

hence the 20 yrs of losing....

Turn Off Ads?