Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to manage the Reds

Who do you want to manage the Reds

Say Dusty is out after this year who would you like to see the Reds Hire ?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who do you want to manage the Reds

Well lets assume Dick Pole and Jacoby are fired too or else fire Dusty won't accomplish much.

I would do whatever it takes to make Mario Soto our next pitching coach. Then pick a hitting coach that actually knew how to hit at the major league level.

As far as manager? The Reds dependence on youth means they need a guy who handles the young guys well and almost treats it like a AAA ballclub. In other words, you play someone because they are the best at their position at that given moment, not just "because they are a vet" or get paid more. The Anti-Dusty in other words. (As Hannigan rots on the bench)

Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Larkin
    PLEASE????????????????
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

I want Dusty to manage the Reds. There is no way he's out after this year, this team is exceeding expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I want Dusty to manage the Reds. There is no way he's out after this year, this team is exceeding expectations.
    WHAT?
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Wally Backman.

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    WHAT?
    When is the last time it was July 10th, and they were only 4 1/2 out? 2006 probably? This team was not expected to be this close in the race around the all star break. While I may not agree with every decisions Dusty makes, this team plays hard for him, and thats worth a lot more than it gets credit for around here. Dusty is not the problem, you should look to the management upstairs if you want someone to blame. This team hung around, and hung around despite being undermanned, and they did nothing to go get help for them.

Rick Sweet the Bats manager. I don't know if

the Reds would give him that shot, but he's really done well with these kids when he's had them down there.

Tony LaRussa will be the manager, and Dave Duncan will be the pitching coach. Write it down.

Rick Sweet

Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    Dusty!
    willy? is that you? stop posting while you're playing

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    When is the last time it was July 10th, and they were only 4 1/2 out? 2006 probably? This team was not expected to be this close in the race around the all star break. While I may not agree with every decisions Dusty makes, this team plays hard for him, and thats worth a lot more than it gets credit for around here. Dusty is not the problem, you should look to the management upstairs if you want someone to blame. This team hung around, and hung around despite being undermanned, and they did nothing to go get help for them.
    You have to look at the other teams though, The NL Central is very mediocre this year. All the teams are bunched around .500 which the exception of the first place Cardinals and the last place Pirates. I think the main problem is that the offense is just pitiful. They are ranked nearly last in every offensive category–except for steals–in the national league. Though the pitching is above average, that's not going to overcome a beyond mediocre offense.

I personally think you need to give Dusty better offensive weapons and see what he does with them before you can him. With so many teams being buyers this year, now would be a great time for the Reds to acquire some offensive players for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Wally Backman.
    You do remember how he left the game?

Turn Off Ads?