Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCoy Has Reversed Course....Reds Eyeing Rolen

McCoy Has Reversed Course....Reds Eyeing Rolen

Hal McCoy was on with Marty during the 2nd inning and he said that he has further checked the Rolen rumor and the Reds, in fact, have scouts in Tampa watching Rolen. Said the Toronto paper is also reporting the same.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: McCoy Has Reversed Course....Reds Eyeing Rolen

Hal McCoy is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Hal McCoy is a joke.

Why do you say that? McCoy is a HOF'er, and rightfullly so. He is a great writer.

I'd be pretty happy if we got Rolen. I think he'd be a nice addition to this offense. Someone who can get runners in with less than 2 outs on 3rd would be an improvement. Not to mention he's hitting .330 and his defense is stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRed1966 View Post
    Why do you say that? McCoy is a HOF'er, and rightfullly so. He is a great writer.
    Because he is constantly wrong, and trashes players by saying things like Homer Bailey wasnt on the team last year because he was a bad person. He might have been good at one time but he a complete hack these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'd be pretty happy if we got Rolen. I think he'd be a nice addition to this offense. Someone who can get runners in with less than 2 outs on 3rd would be an improvement. Not to mention he's hitting .330 and his defense is stellar.
    .899 OPS for Edwin since his return not counting tonight. Its a small sample but still is a good sign.

This would be a perfect fit. Rolen would come to cincinnati and would be close to his hometown in indiana but, who do you throw at the bluejays? I would't give them our top 3...

heisey,stubbs or frazier. I would give them henry.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    He might have been good at one time but he a complete hack these days.
    That is Hal McCoy in a nutshell. Some people don't know when it's time to retire.

You don't need to drag Favre into this!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    You don't need to drag Favre into this!
    Ugh, Favre lol

Hopefully this deal includes EE and maybe only one prospect.

Im not too fond of a platoon deal with rolen and EE. Plus losing a lot of prospects.

I actually think this deal goes down. I don't know why but, I really do. I feel like rolen wants to be close to home and that He will get that wish by reuniting with WJ.

Could you imagine what his numbers would be at GABP.

I don't know, EE has looked pretty good since returning. I guess what it comes down to with me is defense. Anyone know if Rolen is still gg caliber on D? If so then I would make the deal, as even if this year doesn't work out you would have Phillips as GG at 2nd, and Rolen as GG caliber at 3rd, along with Votto being good a 1st. This offseason then you wouldn't have to have a great defensive shortstop. You could get someone with a good stick who maybe doesn't cover tons of ground.

espnradio was talking about the rolen situation about 30 minutes ago and said that some beat writer hal McCoy was wrong and that Toronto and The reds are discussing a deal for rolen but, it doesnt involve edwin.

A deal for Rolen that doesn't involve EE? Money would have to come the Reds way for any prospects of any merit...if this goes down with EE still with the Reds...what do they do with him? Must be a 2nd trade in the works....

Turn Off Ads?