Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Sanchez throws a no-hitter

Re: Jonathan Sanchez perfect through 7

Groundout to SS to begin the 9th. One out.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great catch by Aaron Rowand! Two outs!
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Rowand jumps and catches a deep fly ball at the wall! 2 out!
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Wow. A fly ball to the wall in center. 2 outs.

I thought that was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Cabrera showing bunt, gets heavily booed.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2-2 count.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Strike three! No-Hitter!
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Congrats to Sanchez!

That is it. Cabrera strikes out looking. The 11th K of the night. Sanchez throws a no-hitter.

Re: Jonathan Sanchez throws a no-hitter

heck of a catch by Rowland!! WOW after that i felt he was getting it

Another reason I love the Extra Innings package.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I like Jonathan Sanchez a lot. He's got the stuff to be one of the best left handed pitchers in the game. It's just a matter of consistency. I was hoping the Reds could swing a deal for him in the offseason when the Giants were rumored to be shopping him.

The Giants could be a very dangerous team if they can acquire a bat or two. Freddy Sanchez and Nick Johnson would be solid acquisitions. With their pitching, they could go very deep in the playoffs if they get there.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I like Jonathan Sanchez a lot. He's got the stuff to be one of the best left handed pitchers in the game. It's just a matter of consistency. I was hoping the Reds could swing a deal for him in the offseason when the Giants were rumored to be shopping him.

The Giants could be a very dangerous team if they can acquire a bat or two. Freddy Sanchez and Nick Johnson would be solid acquisitions. With their pitching, they could go very deep in the playoffs if they get there.
    No doubt. They have been playing real good baseball lately.

As far as Sanchez... he's striking out 9 batters per nine this year. If he simply cuts down on the walks, he'd be fine. He's got 46 walks in 77 innings pitched. That's been his biggest problem.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

First Giant No-No in 33 years, I remember the last one myself.

Turn Off Ads?