Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This team deserves our support after the break...

This team deserves our support after the break...

This team deserves our support after the break. Today was the epitome of the season...they fought, and fought, and fought. They did not quit. With a hodge podge of crap in the lineup by the end of the game, they still got the tying run to the plate a few times.

I dont know what moves need to be made, I was content with no moves until Bruce went down. I would rather have a shortstop rather than a big LF or Pitcher. But I dont know who we could get.

When Edinson gets back we are going to have a solid, solid starting rotation again.

I know one thing, I hate that we have to wait four days to see them play again.

LETS GO REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This team deserves our support after the break...

Ill support them but if they think hundred of my dollars are worth what they are offering up they are nuts. The team does stupid things, and its stupid from management down the the players.

I can handle players screwing up but I simply will not support a management that seems to not care.

Why would management not care? What do they gain from "not caring"?

I think comments such as your reply are laughable. I compare it to many replies from my fellow Marshall Thundering Herd fans, where they think that just because they pay money for things, then they have the right to demand what to expect from management.

Thanks for your reply, wasnt really what I was wanting, but after reading thoughts and opinions of many Reds fans, I dont know why I am suprised by the reply.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!

Ask me do you think Willy Taveras playing every day is a sign of them caring? Do you think Dusty Baker puts this team in the best position to win on a daily basis? I can handle simple things and some times its luck of the draw but how can you watch players under perform every day and continue to play them and claim you care?

The constant playing undermanned earlier in the year was a disgrace. Like I said I can handle that certain players stink or are doing bad but I cant handle that out of a front office.

The management seems to put forward little effort, so why should I put forward a ton of effort?

Yes, I think Willy T needs to be playing everyday. His speed is something that needs to be in the lineup, sans a bad four week period, he is hitting around .280 or so....if not a shade better. He has hit over .300 the last 2.5 to 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Yes, I think Willy T needs to be playing everyday. His speed is something that needs to be in the lineup, sans a bad four week period, he is hitting around .280 or so....if not a shade better. He has hit over .300 the last 2.5 to 3 weeks.
    now this is a comment that is laughable.

when willy gets on base, once in a blue moon, he doesnt even steal. hes an average defender, and as of late is below average with boneheaded plays. he shouldnt see the field, maybe once a week.

Wow, I suggest seeing a doctor immediately.

His speed does what for the line up? He is never on base, and when he is he never steals a base. Not to mention the guy is quickly turning into the adam dunn of center fielders.

Willy Taveras has hit .149 since the start of june, .250 since july started and over the last 2 and a half months he has a line of .231/.259/.278 and that included that big hitting streak he had.

He's been that terrible.

Average defender? Now that is laughable.

I love how you guys knock on the supposed bonehead play in Philly...yet an inning before Victorino made the EXACT same play on a ball hit by Edwin, the ball didnt karom as hard and no one says a thing.

The guy you all want to replace him is Dickerson, defensively, he makes some great ones, just like Willy does, yet his bad ones get overlooked, example being Utleys Inside the park HR...where was Dickerson...NOWHERE to be found at all.

Average defender? Now that is laughable.

I love how you guys knock on the supposed bonehead play in Philly...yet an inning before Victorino made the EXACT same play on a ball hit by Edwin, the ball didnt karom as hard and no one says a thing.

The guy you all want to replace him is Dickerson, defensively, he makes some great ones, just like Willy does, yet his bad ones get overlooked, example being Utleys Inside the park HR...where was Dickerson...NOWHERE to be found at all.
    you're the one that said you want willy in the lineup everyday for his speed. thats just moronic. i'd just stop posting if i were you

Im guessing since you think Taveras is a .280 outside of "a couple bad weeks" you havent been watching him play that much anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    you're the one that said you want willy in the lineup everyday for his speed. thats just moronic. i'd just stop posting if i were you

Not sure I understand your post.

Quick name for me something Taveras does better than dickerson, and no I will not accept popping out in the infield as an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Im guessing since you think Taveras is a .280 outside of "a couple bad weeks" you havent been watching him play that much anyways.
    I rarely miss a game, and the guy needs to be in the lineup everyday.

This is coming from some of the same people who last week were yapping about trading Phillips.

Funny stuff...oh and slamming on Ramon who at the C position is looking at 10HR's and 70 RBIs for the season.

Funny...love it.

Thank you guys though for stearing the point of the topic at hand.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Ask me do you think Willy Taveras playing every day is a sign of them caring?
    Great question.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?