Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sick and tired of bandwagon fans!!

sick and tired of bandwagon fans!!

I have been a reds fan for at least 39 years, so yes I've seen the good and the bad. What I'm sooo tired of is listening to people on this board complain about everything this team does. If this team makes a trade, the player isn't good enough, if they don't make a trade then walt's sitting on his wallet and doesn't have a clue. It's apparent to me that this team would have to go undefeated the rest of the season to please some of you. I hear people continually say how they aren't going to put a dime into this team but let them go on a 7 to 10 game win streak and they are the biggest reds fans that ever lived. I for one root for this team win or lose, it doesn't mean i don't get unhappy when they lose, but i don't give up on them when they do lose, and then pick them up again when they start winning. You people need to decide if you're true reds fans or not. As for Walt and Dusty, I do believe they are doing the best job they can. This team has desire, they now need the true reds fans to back them up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: sick and tired of bandwagon fans!!

amen

Quote Originally Posted by nc redsfan View Post
    I have been a reds fan for at least 39 years, so yes I've seen the good and the bad. What I'm sooo tired of is listening to people on this board complain about everything this team does. If this team makes a trade, the player isn't good enough, if they don't make a trade then walt's sitting on his wallet and doesn't have a clue. It's apparent to me that this team would have to go undefeated the rest of the season to please some of you. I hear people continually say how they aren't going to put a dime into this team but let them go on a 7 to 10 game win streak and they are the biggest reds fans that ever lived. I for one root for this team win or lose, it doesn't mean i don't get unhappy when they lose, but i don't give up on them when they do lose, and then pick them up again when they start winning. You people need to decide if you're true reds fans or not. As for Walt and Dusty, I do believe they are doing the best job they can. This team has desire, they now need the true reds fans to back them up.
    There is a big difference between a bandwagon fan and a disgruntled fan.Let me ask you this.Would a bandwagon fan still spend time posting on this web site or watching every game after the past week of garbage that we've witnessed from the Reds?I think not.

I'll tell you what I'm sick and tired of.I'm sick and tired of people being sick and tired of the complaining that goes on about this team.What are we supposed to say about them?That there doing a good job.Maybe that they sure are trying hard.Possibly that they really look like big league ball players in those fancy uniforms.I suppose that some loyal Reds fans have just accepted this type of play from their team and while they have accepted it they draw the line at letting others talk about what actually is going on out there.

part of BBN

Here is my take. Checking out the ORG gamethreads lately, I have seen several posts saying the "the season is over" and people saying they are "done" etc.
    I have been a baseball fan for a long time. Well since the late 70's. I have seen excellent Reds teams and terrible teams and some decent teams who didnt win (divisions ) but were fun to watch.
    Every year I see people or fans say what they want the reds to do "to make the playoffs". Sure that is the ultimate goal of every ball player as well as manager and fan.
    However...I just dont get some fans who if their team doesnt appear to be playoff caliber, they are ready for football season.
    This team isnt very entertaining, I grant you that. Will they make changes or not, I dont know. Last night I thought how nice it would be after Votto & BP singled off Santana to have Rolen stepping in to hit.Still I do know that I love baseball. If it is evening and I am working outside, my radio is on and tuned to a reds game. Yeah, many times I get soooo disgusted I think I will not even bother to listen the next night. Guess what ? I do !
    I am just saying it seems to me like it would lose alot of it's luster, if people say "it is over" and just at all-star break. Will the reds make the playoffs ? Probably not, but It's baseball !
    Last season, I knew my basketball team wasnt going to win it because North Carolina looked like they could beat NBA teams some nights. I still watched though. I didnt declare the season over.
    So this may not exactly be addressing bandwagon fans as much as fans who act like it is playoffs or bust. Maybe there needs to be a thread about What Will Make This Season A Success for You ?

Competitive ? 500 record ? Playoffs ? World Series ?

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    What Will Make This Season A Success for You ?

Competitive ? 500 record ? Playoffs ? World Series ?
    At this point I don't believe this team will make the playoffs.If they could just make a nice run at it I would be happy.That however looks doubtful.I can live with being average or just below it if it means that we have a new manager leading this young and talented team next season.

Doesn't a team have to be at least remotely successful to warrant a bandwagon?

Did the Montreal Expos have a bandwagon?

Do the Kansas City Royals have a bandwagon?

"Bandwagon..." yeah right man. Try having a winning record first. Or a playoff game. Or some semblance of success. Something. Anything.

Until then, saying that a team like the Reds has anything close to a bandwagon is...ummm... have a nice day, I'll put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    Doesn't a team have to be at least remotely successful to warrant a bandwagon?

Did the Montreal Expos have a bandwagon?

Do the Kansas City Royals have a bandwagon?

"Bandwagon..." yeah right man. Try having a winning record first. Or a playoff game. Or some semblance of success. Something. Anything.

Until then, saying that a team like the Reds has anything close to a bandwagon is...ummm... have a nice day, I'll put it that way.

Good point, LOL.

It's more like being run over with the bandwagon following this team.

don't confuse *****ing with being a bandwagon fan, if they did not care they would not complain

WOOO HOOO...I agree...

And to the "fan" who followed this up with a post trying to say there is a difference between a Bandwagon fan and a disgruntled fan...nice try...aint buyin it.

A fan is a fan through thick and thin...Period...end of story.

If large amounts of "bandwagon fans" brought bad fortune to an organization, then the Yankees and Redsox would be cursed forever. Unless you have spent time in the NE you have no idea how many Yankee and RedSox fans are bellwether fans - or at least they only like teams that win. The "quality" of the Reds' fans is irrelevant to the team. They require your money, not your informed support.

ok....thanks for that nugget...I had absolutely no idea that the Yankees and Redsox had a large number of bandwagon fans.

to louisvilleCards,
    How many world Series have the Chicago Cubs gone to? Zero to my knowledge, but yet even during their bad years they've had fan support at wrigly field. The Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, even in their bad years you could not find a seat in their stadiums. Players say it all the time, they feed off a full house. It would be nice to see what this team would do playing in front of 40,000 or so screaming fans, instead of 15,000 because we're unhappy.

I see both sides of the argument here.

-Some people are tired of reading about how horrible this team is and seeing predictions phoning it all in and getting ready for football season.

-I also see the disgruntled people arguing over their fanhood.

The way I see it is that we are all the bigest Reds fans that we all know. Some like to moan and groan about the bad weather, but some like to talk about nothing outside of what it is goiong to be like when the weather gets better.

I would like to see more positive posts too don't get me wrong, but the only way for that to happen is to give these guys something good to talk about. Until the Reds win more than they lose, expect to see these guys and a few of their friends making suggetions and letting us know about what they think. This isn't a "bashing" site, but it is a place to talk to guys who are just as passionate about Cincinnati baseball as you are, so take it for what it is and pray for better weather.

Here is to a great second half that leads us to the promise land.....No matter who is in charge and who is taking the orders. Go Reds! We are a lot closer to a winner than we've been in a while.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Cincinnati Reds hats are selling like sno-cones down here in humid Gainesville, FL. Bandwagon is filling up.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Cincinnati Reds hats are selling like sno-cones down here in humid Gainesville, FL. Bandwagon is filling up.
    what kills me is seeing people walk around with green or blue reds hats. i mean i understand that baseball caps can be a stylish thing, but really..a cincinnati reds cap blue or green? come onnn

Turn Off Ads?